Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Engineering – Engineering
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Frontend to help us deliver the products that drive our business. In this role, you will work as part of a small cross-functional team to iteratively deliver value to our customers. Each of our product delivery teams is responsible for shipping an important piece of our roadmap, as well as continually maintaining and improving a specific area of our product.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your code and enjoy incorporating the business objectives into your approach to development. You enjoy working with product management to find the best solution to the problem at hand, and can balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud. We build backend services with Go and MongoDB, a web frontend with React and Redux, and native Android and iOS applications. We ship code to production multiple times per week, and we’re always looking to improve both the quality and speed of our releases.
You may not have expertise in our particular programming languages or technologies, but that’s okay. What’s important to League is your ability to take ownership and solve problems, as well as your collaborative spirit and drive for professional growth.
- Work on a cross-functional, feature-driven engineering team
- Participate in technical design and planning discussions
- Collaborate closely with UX designers to build new features and contribute to our growing component library
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Support and mentor junior members of the team
- Live our team values of ownership, pragmatism, cooperation, and empathy for our customers
- You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand the tradeoffs between expediency and maintainability
- You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and know how to build complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- You are a strong communicator, and you can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers without a problem
- When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix things
Nice to Have
- Deep knowledge of React and Redux
- Experience in a startup environment
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.