Business Development Manager
New York, NY
LeanDog, Inc., is a boutique Agile & Lean Consultancy headquartered on the shores of Cleveland, OH. We help organizations understand their operational constraints so they can transparently carry forward their strategy and culture. By fostering a transparent and agile culture, we help leadership teams practice these techniques and help them lead by example. At LeanDog we run our company this way. We strive for transparency, collaboration and continuous improvement by focusing on predictable business processes. We create working conditions and relationships that reflect our vision and values; that develop trust and mutual confidence; that protect against misunderstanding and/or misinformation and enable our employees to thrive.
LeanDog is hiring an energetic self-starter for the role of Senior Business Development Manager. This person will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities across all of LeanDog’s service offerings. As a Business Development Manager you’ll be the point person for executive leadership and the C-Suite as they explore how to leverage our services to drive organizational transformations at some of the world’s largest brands.
What to Expect
- You’ll be a public face of the brand at meetups, conferences and other industry events
- You’ll generate qualified leads both by leveraging your existing network of decision makers and generating relevant connections in your target markets
- You’ll execute timely follow-up with qualified leads using a consultative selling style
- You’ll be the point person for outbound sales and have ultimate responsibility for designing and executing a go-to-market strategy for one of the country’s preeminent Agile consultancies
In the first month you will...
- Spend a week at our Cleveland, OH offices becoming familiar with our company culture, values and mission
- Work with the Director of Operations to develop reporting functions and cadences to ensure consistent progress toward meeting sales targets
- Be trained on key platforms critical to day-to-day functions of the position, including but not limited to our - - Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Applicant Tracking System (ATS) software
- Spend two weeks visiting existing client sites and becoming familiar with our engagement model and unique value proposition
- Be mentored and trained on Agile practices and LeanDog’s unique approach to managing Agile transformations at scale
- Review existing sales collateral and begin to work with the operations staff to develop a continuous improvement plan for LeanDog assets
- Work both independently and with LeanDog leadership to develop a list of target accounts and begin to ideate around strategies for market penetration
In the first year you will…
- Manage your sales qualified leads from initial contact through contract negotiation and execution
- Leverage internal LeanDog resources to aid in converting leads to sales
- Ensure a great onboarding experience for your converted customers, including making appropriate introductions between LeanDog support resources and
- Become a recognizable public face of the LeanDog brand at key conferences, meetups, and other industry events
- Deploy and staff the LeanDog booth at conferences we sponsor
- Work with the operations team to inform the creation of 2021 sales targets
- Help LeanDog continue its massive growth trajectory!
- Must be willing to travel up to 80% (mostly in the Northeastern US)
- We hire for aptitude... a degree or degrees in business, marketing or a related field is a plus but not required
- Experience with Agile practices, software development, and modern IT practices is a plus but not required
- Experience working with CRM or ATS software is a plus
- Must have excellent writing abilities, including the ability to generate summary documents and contracts as needed
- Demonstrable experience or evident ability to foster consultative, value-added relationships with corporate leaders and the C-suite
- A positive attitude, willingness to learn and the ability to thrive in a self-directed environment
Salary plus a bonus plan
- Willing to travel 80%
- Spend first 4 weeks at client sites learning our business
- Ability to write discussion documents
- Proficiency writing Statements of Work
- Agile experience not a must have but a nice to have
- Will be responsible for hiring future BDR's as necessary
LeanDog has one of the most creative and innovative office spaces around, a boat that’s older than the Titanic floating on Lake Erie next to a World War II submarine and the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.
We work a hard 40 hours a week but we value work life balance. We want our employees to have time to be with family, re-energize, and balance their lives. You will be paid well, have solid benefits like health, vision, and dental insurance, a 401K plan and paid time off.
· subsidize healthy, nutritious and delicious lunches
· are serious coffee drinkers with our whole bean coffee delivered weekly from a local roaster
· have year-round access to the lake with paddle boards, kayaks, ice skates, and ice fishing
· have a crazy vending machine stocked with free soda, snacks, beer on tap and wine
· give back to our community in so many ways from meetups to teaching - we are part of the growing and technical, design and entrepreneurial communities that are transforming Cleveland
· love having well-behaved dogs join us every day
If you are interested and qualified click apply or send your resume to email@example.com.