Marketing Writing Intern
Palo Alto, CA /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: Leanin.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We’re looking for a Marketing Writing Intern to support our fast-paced team for a 3-month internship. Reporting to our Director of Content Marketing, you will be a strong writer and editor with sharp attention to detail. You believe in the power of storytelling and know how to apply brand voice across channels and contexts. If you’re a skilled wordsmith with social media savvy and a passion for gender equality—we’d love to talk to you.
This role is full time remote and would suit a recent graduate.
- Supporting the Content Marketing team across web, social, and email
- Drafting and editing web articles, social posts, and email newsletters that resonate with women of all backgrounds
- Setting up and publishing content on our website using a custom CMS
- Owing SEO/share copy for web content
- Setting up and publishing marketing emails in our email tool
- Managing our editorial content calendar and researching key campaigns with a focus on reaching new audiences
- Pulling metrics for social and email
- Passion for the missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in marketing, communications, or content creation (can include professional internships)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; consumer brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Willingness to take on small but essential tasks with enthusiasm
- Project management experience a plus
- Keen attention to detail
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Remote experience a plus
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.