Option B Content Marketing Lead
Palo Alto, CA
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: Leanin.Org and OptionB.Org. We are looking for a Content Marketing Lead to drive content strategy as a part of the Option B programs team. The mission of OptionB.Org is to help people build resilience and find meaning in the face of adversity.
This position will be responsible for the end-to-end development and ongoing execution of Option B’s content & content marketing strategy. Success in this role would lead to increased reach of Option B’s content across many channels including social pages, FB groups, email and 3rd party partnerships. If you are passionate about the mission of Option B and have proven experience improving content delivery and promotion for large-scale companies or organizations, we can’t wait to meet you.
This position is full-time and based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Own and drive Option B’s content strategy: You will drive the creation of the Option B content strategy that will be leveraged by the program’s community (social pages, FB groups) as well as in building Option B’s thought leadership in the resilience space.
- Create and package educational materials for reach: You will be on point to execute our content strategy and build resources derived from the Option B book, the Option B website and other sources (e.g., identify top-performing pieces of content and repackage them into other formats) that can reach our audience, at scale.
- Collaborate to create and optimize Option B’s content marketing strategy: Work with a cross-functional team of Option B social media manager, groups manager, web marketer, and designers, comms to optimize channel strategies and increase our contents’ reach.
- Distribute content with partners: Work with the team to identify and establish content distribution partners beyond current channels.
- Analyze, report on, and optimize content metrics to inform tactical and strategic shifts.
- Passion for Option B’s mission and for developing resources that are thoughtful and relatable to our target audience (people wanting to build resilience in face of grief, adversity).
- Values fostering equality, inclusion and bringing more voices and perspectives to the table
- 5-7 years marketing experience, with 3-5 years of direct experience in content strategy, preferably with a consumer brand
- Deep experience with various digital content form factors & repackaging content to optimize reach
- Experience optimizing content for social (IG and FB) and SEO with an eye toward the latest social content trends
- Experience creating or working with producers to create short, informational videos
- Ability to adapt quickly and juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Works well with ambiguity with proven ability to drive to clear end-goals
- Analytical and data-backed approach to decision-making using qualitative and quantitative inputs
- Track record of demonstrating strong ownership with a solutions-focused mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.