Director of Growth Marketing
Palo Alto, CA /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives, LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for a Director of Growth Marketing to join our team. The ideal candidate is a strategic marketer who understands how to acquire, retain, and cross-sell consumers across the entire customer journey. This marketer brings a powerful retail instinct, understanding how to position and sell our value proposition in an engaging way, and balances brand and performance metrics. The ideal candidate thrives on "cracking the code" to uncover opportunities, optimize websites, lead experiments to test/learn, and scaling tactics to unlock growth.
This newly created position reports to the VP of Marketing and is a member of the marketing leadership team. In addition, this leader regularly engages with cross-functional partners and a website agency.
If you are a resourceful self-starter that thrives on the opportunity to build demand and make a difference in the world, we'd love to meet you!
Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely (on PDT hours) through December 2021. Closer to the end of the year, we'll reevaluate this approach. And longer-term we're planning to operate as a hybrid team, with some team members working in-person and some working remotely, depending on the nature of their role, their leadership responsibilities, and the composition of their team. For people who work in-person, we'll maintain our standard schedule of three in-office and two work-from-home days.
- Build and optimize our funnels to drive consumers to engage and adopt our programs across the customer journey. Develop learning agenda, roadmaps, and experiments, such as landing page optimization, messaging, and UX to optimize conversion and other key metrics.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of marketing professionals. Work closely with the VP to nurture the team and grow capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop creative, copy, paid ads, and collateral. Guide partners to ensure assets are on brand and communicate our value proposition.
- Lead paid advertising efforts across key platforms: FB, IG, Linked In, and others.
- Support go-to-market for B2C and B2B initiatives. Implement programs to build demand and cross-sell/up-sell across consumer touchpoints.
- Design and roll out marketing levers such as lead generation, referrals, and affiliates. Optimize programs to drive effectiveness and efficiency across channels. Continually improve initiatives to acquire customers, nurture prospects, and maximize lifetime value.
- Collaborate with the Head of Design and others to transform creative platforms into compelling insight-based tactics that break through. Guide messaging development, provide input into paid media strategy and ensure messages and media plans are on brand and aligned.
- Collaborate with the Director of Consumer Marketing, Senior Manager of B2B Marketing, and the Head of Design to transform creative platforms into compelling insight-based tactics that break through. Lead paid tactics to deliver on program goals.
- Ensure our strategic approach fits our intersectional framework. Integrate diverse perspectives into our campaigns and websites.
- Work with our agency partners to build strong, cohesive websites from design to development.
- Represent the Voice of the Customer to ensure initiatives deliver a good customer experience and are rooted in consumer insights.
- Analyze and monitor performance to ensure that we are on track to deliver objectives. Develop insights and apply them to future projects.
- Work seamlessly with direct reports, creative, communications, partnerships, program, brand and B2B marketing, and others to foster a spirit of collaboration.
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- 10+ years of related marketing experience. Multi-faceted marketing skills with depth in Growth Marketing. Operates as a "big picture" strategic thinker as well as an equally strong "doer."
- Experience managing and optimizing the funnel. Proven experience using experiments to optimize critical metrics.
- Deep familiarity with metrics including CAC, CPL, CPC, CPM, LTV, and ROAS. Adept at using core tools such as Google Analytics, HotJar, and Asana.
- Strong quantitative skills to analyze and synthesize raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Experience creating inclusive, culturally aware marketing campaigns that speak to diverse audiences
- Excellent communication in written and verbal formats. Strong ability to write and provide strong rationales for courses of action. Effective presenter with groups small and large.
- People management experience. Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, develop and motivate direct reports
- Quick learner who works well independently and also seeks a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to inspire, engage and maximize talent to get the best outcome from the team
- Embraces ambiguity, prioritizes efficiently, communicates early, and ultimately gets it done in a lean environment.
- Team-oriented; willing to take on responsibilities outside of immediate scope when needed
- Thrives on new challenges
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Past experience working in eCommerce, consulting, or service businesses.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. It’s important that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.