Strategic Initiatives Secondment / Externship
Palo Alto, CA
Org Strategy, Planning & Operations
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation (SGFF) works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: Leanin.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program. This role would focus on the work we do through the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program and the internal org processes our team puts in place to operationalize our strategy and plans for 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your business skills to help us create a more equal world and gain experience in the social impact sector. In this role, you will have the opportunity to have meaningful influence in a short amount of time through designing and building new systems to scale our work.
This is a full-time position for 3-6 months based out of our office in Palo Alto, CA.
- Support the launch of the third year of the program including the following: 1) Reviewing final scholar application materials and summarizing for senior executives and 2) Planning and developing the program’s annual leadership weekend
- Create systems to scale the internship partner placement process
- Develop program resources and materials to help scale the program
- Develop database and surveys to quantify the impact of the program
- Drive cross-functional process management for the organization
- Research best practices and develop new systems to help operationalize the foundation’s 2020 plan
- Find new and creative ways to scale the organization’s work and maximize efficiency
The Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
SGFF Programs & Strategy
- Passions for the missions of the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program, Lean In, and Option B
- 1-2 years experience (including internships) in project management or business analyst role; consulting/startup experience is a plus
- Highly proficient and experienced with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent research and written communication skills with ability to up-level large amounts of information to executive leaders
- Results-oriented leader with a track record of improving processes and ability to maximize efficiency, experience setting up new systems to improve processes a plus
- Strong business acumen and attention to detail
- Quick learner and problem-solver who is comfortable managing ambiguity and juggling many responsibilities in a fast-paced, startup environment
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.