Organizational Operations Externship
Palo Alto, CA /
Org Strategy, Planning & Operations /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation (SGFF) works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: Leanin.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program. This role would focus on building and implementing cross-functional processes for the organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your business skills to help us create a more equal world and gain experience in the social impact sector. In this role, you will have the opportunity to have meaningful influence in a short amount of time through designing new systems to scale our work.
This is a full-time position for 3-6 months based out of our office in Palo Alto, CA.
- Drive cross-functional process management for the organization
- Research best practices and develop new systems to scale the organization’s work and streamline operations
- Implement new processes to help cross-functional team run smoothly at scale
- Manage and review weekly tracker to ensure foundation is aligned internally and team members are following best practices
- Provide communications support including writing and reviewing the first drafts of internal and external communications
- Serve as a reviewer on documents and emails before they go to executive leaders
- Anticipate and solve cross-functional problems before they arise
- Passions for the missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- 1-2 years experience (including internships) in project management or business analyst role; direct experience supporting C-level executives is a plus
- Results-oriented generalist with a track record of improving processes and an ability to maximize efficiency (experience setting up new systems to improve processes a plus)
- Strong business acumen, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Quick learner and problem-solver who is extremely resourceful and comfortable managing ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to 1) up-level information for senior leaders and 2) replicate writing style to provide communication support on behalf of others
- Strong ability to anticipate needs and problems before they arise
- Highly proficient and experienced with process management tools including Google Sheets
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.