Senior Communications Consultant (12-month role)
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives, LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for a Senior Communications Consultant to support strategic communications for LeanIn.Org and OptionB.Org, including developing core messaging, and managing rapid-response communications and executive communications. The ideal candidate is a passionate professional with trusted relationships with high-profile media stakeholders, and a track record distilling complex information and research into simple consumer-friendly messaging, and experience managing and developing teams.
This position is a full-time remote position based in the US working PDT hours.
- Lead the team on communications strategy, message development, and press relations for the organization
- Frame compelling narratives for LeanIn.Org and OptionB.Org content and generate high-quality media coverage with strong message pull-through
- Drive thorough communications plans internally, for use across departments and with principals
- Support C-level executive communications programs, including thought leadership platforms, content and executive visibility
- Shape the organization’s response to current events and important dates associated with our work
- Develop inclusive messaging that resonates across broad audiences
- Manage, develop, and empower a strong internal communications team and work collaboratively with our social, marketing and digital teams
- Build and maintain trusted media relationships and identify opportunities to develop new partnerships
- Craft press releases, pitches, Q&As and other PR materials
- Serve as liaison with our external media consultants as needed
- Oversee planning and execution of open press events
- Run point on principal appearances and interviews
- 15+ years experience in driving the creation and execution of complex communications plans; preferably for consumer-facing or start-up brands
- Passion for the mission of LeanIn.Org and OptionB.Org; background in politics and/or gender equality space a huge plus
- Rich experience staffing and prepping senior executives, as well as rapid response and issues management communications
- Track-record securing top-tier coverage and strong relationships with media who cover gender equality
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- Excellent writing skills with ability to craft thoughtful, inclusive communications (internal communications, messaging, talking points, etc.)
- Proven strategist and innovative thinking that thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work cross-functionally and build consensus
- Experience managing outside communications and creative service partners
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.