Education Content Lead (9-month role)
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for an Education Content Lead to contribute to the development of educational materials for a broad consumer audience. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer with expertise in understanding academic social science research and distilling the findings into accessible language for a broad consumer audience. If you’re passionate about gender equity in the workplace and practiced at using research to create compelling and engaging written materials, we can’t wait to meet you.
This position is a full-time temporary position and is remote. Due to COVID-19, the entire team is working remotely on PDT hours.
- Contribute to the development of new Lean In educational materials
- Find, read, and distill the takeaways of research materials (e.g., social science research papers) in order to inform educational content
- Draft written educational materials that are accessible and engaging for a broad consumer audience
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (academics, practitioners, etc.) to distill research and best practices into educational concepts
- Shape the content with a strong DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) lens - constantly pushing it to be more inclusive
- Learn, follow through, and improve upon foundation processes to set principal and exec team up for success
- 4-7 years of experience creating research-backed written materials
- Demonstrated ability to write content for a wide range of materials and audiences
- Ability to translate complex research into everyday prose - demonstrated through writing samples
- Strong working knowledge of the research on gender and bias, and in particular how they impact workplaces
- Ability to work directly with and balance inputs from a wide range of experts and thought leaders
- Demonstrated understanding of how to drive toward more intersectional and inclusive outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with a collaborative writing process
- Ability to learn, follow through, and improve on foundation processes to set team and principal up for success
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; consumer brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- Passion for mission of Lean In
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.