Digital Contractor (3 months)
Palo Alto, CA
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: LeanIn.Org and OptionB.Org.
We are looking for a tech savvy Digital Contractor with a passion for the mission of SGFF and scaling social enterprise to support our fast-paced team for 3-months. Our unique culture allows candidates to contribute to exciting projects and grow their professional skill-set.
This position is full time and based in Palo Alto, CA.
About the Role
Our digital and product team strives to make it as easy as possible for the Lean In and Option B communities to stay up-to-date and connected. This year we are looking to optimize the overall UI/UX on our Lean In Circles Hub (leanin.org/circles), a system that allows individuals to start or join a Lean In Circle, and communicate and share information with their Circle using a social feed, resource library, and group email alias. Other projects include rolling out a new user flow for our Lean In Partners, re-organizing our Lean In education library, and developing a new web engagement strategy for our OptionB.Org users. This is an exciting opportunity to use your product skills to help us create a more equal world and gain experience in the social impact sector.
As our Digital Contractor, you will work directly on the creation and continued development of SGFF’s product experience and will work closely with our Product Lead to drive and execute against the product roadmap. The ideal candidate will thrive in a startup environment, has a unique blend of business and technical savvy, is user- oriented, and has strong organization, communication, and analytical skills.
- Perform QA/UAT before product launches on all new features & projects
- Data pulls and analysis to assess the performance of existing features, inform our product thinking, and improve engagement and retention
- Product research to inform the UI/UX of new projects
- Help develop specs, wireframes, and timelines for new projects
- Review and provide feedback on designs to ensure proposed solutions are simple and intuitive
- Launch new pages with existing templates
- Passion for missions of Lean In and Option B
- Values fostering equality, inclusion and bringing more voices and perspectives to the table
- Ideal candidate has at least 1 year of experience (intern experience included) in product management or community management with a user-focus in a consumer internet startup environment
- Experience with Google Analytics and Data Studio (or other web metrics platforms) preferred
- Ability to use data analysis to draft proposals and make informed decisions
- Community support and product testing experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects at a given time
- Proactive problem-solver with strong critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Deadline-driven with excellent project management skills
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.