Sr. Marketing Content Writer
Palo Alto, CA
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: LeanIn.Org and OptionB.Org.
We are looking for a strong writer to create compelling and accessible content across Lean In and Option B. This position will focus on driving the content strategies of both properties. The ideal candidate can own messaging for our global public awareness initiatives, write web copy that converts, and develop marketing materials for all Lean In and Option B programs. A deep understanding of how people engage with digital content is a must – you know the best way to reach your audience, whether it’s through a video, a long-form article, or an email campaign. You will join our marketing team and report to our VP of Marketing.
If you’re passionate about the women’s space and are equally comfortable with writing, brand marketing, and web content, we’d love to talk with you.
- Set and own the content strategies for both Lean In and Option B – creating content that distills our messaging and drives engagement with our communities
- Develop B2B and B2C messaging for all Lean In and Option B global program initiatives
- Develop content to support seasonal marketing campaigns
- Own web copy and marketing emails for all user-facing foundation initiatives
- Write long-form articles and manage long-form posts for principals
- Work closely with the programs team to create world-class case studies, “sell” sheets, and other marketing materials
- Review and edit other team members’ writing and content
- Serve as a cross-functional leader across the team, working especially closely with the product, design, content, and programs teams
- Passion for missions of Lean In and Option B
- 5-10 years of direct experience in content marketing, user experience (UX) writing, or marketing communications
- Exceptional writing abilities; track record of breaking down complicated ideas into clean and concise copy
- Comfortable writing for multiple audiences, with a strong sense of the best way to reach different groups
- Experience working with C-Level execs is not required but is a strong plus
- Conversion-oriented; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of the issues critical to women, with the ability to build inclusive, resonant messaging narratives
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, cross-functional environments and shift between the organization’s diverse subject areas seamlessly
This full-time position is based in Palo Alto, CA. As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, the Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
If interested, please upload your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples (including a long form article), through Lever.