Director, Consumer Marketing
Palo Alto, CA /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We're looking for a strategic, consumer-centric marketer to lead our marketing initiatives that drive our programs and global community awareness, engagement, and growth. This leader will lead the development of 360 marketing campaigns from strategy to tactics to activation. Our ideal candidate combines "big picture" thinking and an equally strong "doing" to develop the strategy and roll up their sleeves to implement projects. The leader will oversee a comprehensive brand plan, calendar as well as lead go-to-market plans. The Director of Marketing will partner closely with cross-functional partners to advance the mission of SGFF and bring our programs to women across the globe.
It is an exciting time at SGFF. With our expanding portfolio of programs, we have the potential to reach more audiences and make a difference in the lives of women around the globe. If our mission motivates you and you love delivering world-class marketing programs, we’d like to talk to you.
Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely (on PDT hours) through December 2021. Closer to the end of the year, we'll reevaluate this approach. And longer-term we're planning to operate as a hybrid team, with some team members working in-person and some working remotely, depending on the nature of their role, their leadership responsibilities, and the composition of their team. For people who work in-person, we'll maintain our standard schedule of three in-office and two work-from-home days.
- Oversee consumer marketing programs for Lean In. Ensure marketing integration across all touchpoints - web, email, content, social media, etc. to ensure we speak from one voice.
- Develop the overall marketing strategy and plan to build brand awareness, conversion, and engagement. Work closely with partners and channels to deliver on program goals.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of marketing professionals. Work closely with the VP to nurture the team and grow capabilities.
- Collaborate with the Head of Design and Director of Growth to transform creative platforms into compelling insight-based tactics that break through. Guide messaging development, provide input into paid media strategy and ensure messages and media plans are on brand and aligned.
- Contribute to creative and strategic aspects of new program development, program improvements, and new releases. Lead go-to-market plans to maximize launches, drive conversion and engagement.
- Work closely with the partnership team to grow circles. Help build brand relevance by supporting our diverse community of women (such as tradeswomen) and delivering the inspiration and information that empowers women.
- Ensure our strategic approach fits our intersectional framework. Bring diverse perspectives to our campaigns and programs that resonate with the multi-dimensional audience we serve.
- Manage portions of the marketing budget and report KPIs to stakeholders. Deliver objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and execute a test/learn plan to test new marketing approaches to optimize our overall marketing mix.
- Work seamlessly with creative, communications, partnerships, program, growth marketing, and others to foster a spirit of collaboration.
- Understanding of women's issues and intersectionality and passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- 10+ years of relevant marketing experience. Multi-faceted marketing skill set with depth in brand marketing across digital channels. Adept at managing as a strategist and an operator.
- Demonstrated success managing brands, building demand, and creating inclusive, culturally aware marketing campaigns that speak to diverse audiences.
- Proven success developing marketing strategies and breakthrough campaigns that drive results.
- Strong strategic thinking and out-of-the-box problem-solving capabilities. Demonstrated ability to use quantitative analysis to test hypotheses, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills. Ability to inspire, engage and maximize talent to get the best outcome from the team
- Excellent communication in written and verbal formats. Strong ability to write and provide strong rationales for courses of action. Effective presenter with groups small and large.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; skilled at crafting compelling, differentiated, and inclusive messaging
- Proven skills in leveraging copy and creative to create compelling ads, emails, landing pages, etc.
- Strong strategic and analytical ability with strong attention to detail
- People management experience. Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, develop and motivate direct reports
- Embraces ambiguity, prioritizes efficiently, communicates early, and ultimately gets it done in a lean environment.
- Thrives on new challenges
- Experience working in eCommerce, CPG, or Brand-forward businesses.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. It’s important that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.