Head of Communications
Palo Alto, CA
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives, LeanIn.Org and OptionB.Org.
We are looking for a head of communications with 10+ years of experience driving communications strategy, developing the organization’s core messaging, and managing rapid-response communications. The ideal candidate will have a track record managing complex inputs and information, working with high-profile media outlets and partners, and generating significant media coverage with strong message pull-through.
- Lead communications strategy, message development, and press relations for the organization
- Shape the organization’s response to current events and important dates associated with our work
- Manage and develop the internal communications team and work collaboratively with our social, marketing and digital teams
- Lead internal and external stakeholders to on-strategy decisions
- Serve as liaison with our external media consultants
- Secure and oversee national and international media interviews, feature stories and editorial placements
- Manage existing editorial partnerships and identify opportunities to develop new partnerships
- Oversee planning and execution of open press events
- Run point on principal appearances and interviews
- 10+ years’ experience driving the creation and execution of complex communications plans
- Demonstrated experience responding to rapid-response inquires and managing nuanced stories
- Track-record securing top-tier coverage and strong relationships with media who cover women’s issues
- Ability to distill complex information and research into simple consumer-friendly messaging
- Strong presentation and consensus-building skills
- Experience managing outside communications and creative service partners
- Background in public policy and/or women’s space a huge plus
- Personal connection with and/or passion for our work
- Based in Palo Alto, CA, with occasional travel
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.