Senior Manager, Global Network Leader Program
United Kingdom /
Partnerships & Programs /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead Lean In’s global Network Leaders Program – which supports and empowers a volunteer community of more than 100 Lean In Networks, across 40+ countries, supporting a collective community of more than 100,000 women. This program is constantly changing and evolving and we recently re-designed the program to better meet the needs of the community.
The redesigned program will be fully rolled out by the end of 2021, and this person will play an instrumental role in ensuring that the community continues to thrive as it enters into its next stage of maturity and growth.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Lean In programs, the power of women supporting women and building diverse communities. They will have 8+ years experience building, managing and scaling global volunteer programs and communities both in-person and online, with a strong focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
If you’re an entrepreneurial, empathetic leader with excellent communication skills and a passion for diversity and inclusion, we can’t wait to meet you.
This is a full-time remote position, working European hours, ideally based in the UK.
- Oversee the management, growth and engagement of the Network Leaders Program – a community of 100 Lean In Networks in 40+ countries around the world
- Moderate, listen and engage regularly with our amazing community members, providing them with support and resources they need, and activating the community around a shared mission
- Cultivate a sense of trust, care, well-being, inclusiveness, and belonging in the community with a focus on recruiting and uplifting women from historically marginalized groups into the Lean In community
- Manage existing program initiatives and recommend and develop new initiatives as the community needs evolve
- Continue to evolve and maintain a comprehensive set of community guidelines and policies.
- Understand how to manage difficult situations within the community and to escalate when appropriate
- Be the voice of the community to internal stakeholders to guide marketing, partnerships, program teams, etc. Share community trends, pain points, and sentiments to enhance our work
- Write and edit various written communications, including social posts, emails, playbooks, community agreements, etc.
- Responsible for planning and delivering both in person and virtual events - including an in-person, 100+ attendee conference and launching community initiatives and able to collaborate effectively with external partners to deliver on these
- Analyze, monitor and report out on community health and initiatives against key objectives including NPS score, participation metrics, and be able to develop insights to apply to future projects
- Manage, mentor and develop direct report (Community Specialist based in a different region)
- Learn, follow through, and improve upon foundation processes to set principal and exec team up for success
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B, and The Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- 8+ years of community management or related experience, building, managing and scaling successful global communities both in-person and online, that are both intersectional and inclusive
- High emotional intelligence; able to persuade, influence, and build trust with the community and a deep level of empathy – you understand the behavioural psychology of a community, community feedback and make actionable decisions based on it
- You are an advocate of the power of community and have a willingness to go the extra mile to support our leaders
- Experience developing key metrics for community health and engagement and ability to identify, track, and report on these to senior stakeholders, including making data-based recommendations to inform future community projects
- You’re highly collaborative and able to to work with cross-functional teams remotely (Marketing, Product, Comms, Partnerships) to plan and execute community activities
- Excellent project management skills, ability to successfully multitask and prioritize multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Experience planning and delivering both in person and virtual events and launching community initiatives (Conference, event series, leadership training etc.)
- You are happy to coach your team, as well as get into the weeds to understand things
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Ability to learn, follow through, and improve on foundation processes to set team and principal up for success
- Thrives on new challenges; consumer brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Flexibility to work across time zones as required to support a global community
- Remote experience in a global team a plus
- As this role is supporting a global community, additional languages spoken a plus
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.