VP, People & Operations
Palo Alto, CA /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for an experienced operations leader with deep experience in HR/people operations to serve as our VP, People & Operations. As the VP, People & Operations, you will report directly to the CEO and be a key member of the senior leadership team. The VP, People & Operations is responsible for leading our people ops, DEI, finance, legal, and operations work. As the leader of our people ops function, you will own people development and management across the organization with a strong DEI lens. As the leader of all of our operational functions, you will ensure that we are following operational best practices while continuing to look for ways to streamline and optimize our operations. If you’re an experienced people ops leader with strong operational skills, we can’t wait to meet you.
Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely on PDT hours through September 2021. Beyond that, this full-time position will be based out of our office in Palo Alto, CA. We have a hybrid work model: three days a week in the office and two days a week remote.
- Own people operations, including HR, people development, team and management training, hiring, as well as working with our outsourced payroll/benefits team
- Lead the team and our work through a strong DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) lens - constantly pushing our org and work toward more equitable and intersectional outcomes
- Work in partnership with our CEO to optimize employee policies, and own talent strategy & team resourcing to ensure all teams are staffed for success and within budget
- Proactively coach and guide teams to maintain strong performance
- Model leadership and organization’s values at the highest level - fostering a strong sense of ownership/agency, inclusion, empathy, and encouraging a strong culture of feedback and growth
- Partner with our People First/More Voices team to drive org-wide culture shifts in response to team feedback
- Oversee the Foundation’s financial functions, including budget setting and tracking, annual audit of financial statements, bill paying and expense management, as well as working with our outsourced accountants and finance professionals
- Oversee the Foundation’s legal matters by working with our outside legal counsel
- Oversee the Foundation’s operational functions, including general operations and IT
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- 15+ years experience, with several years in senior leadership - tech/startups, fast-paced non-profit, politics or programs backgrounds are preferred
- 6+ years experience in people ops, with experience handling a wide variety of people ops matters that may arise over the life cycle of an employee
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- Demonstrated understanding of how to drive toward more intersectional and inclusive people ops outcomes
- Strong track record leading efficient, high-performing cross-functional teams with a thoughtful, empathetic approach
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and presentation/public speaking) skills
- Impeccable organization skills, with strong project and process management skills and a track record of dependable follow-through
- Proactive problem-solving skills with consistent ability to drive even the most ambiguous situations toward clarity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with experience building and strengthening diverse, inclusive teams
- Extremely adaptable with the ability to be reactive and shift priorities and plans when needed
- Ability to drive influence across all levels of an organization
- Goals-oriented with strong analytical skills and the ability to make data-informed decisions as you optimize projects and strategic plans
- Eagerness to play both high and low, pitching in in big and small ways wherever leadership is needed
- Ability to represent the Foundation at external events and in media as needed
- Available to consistently work PDT hours remotely until we return to the office
- Remote experience a plus
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.