Visual Design Contractor (5-6 months)
Palo Alto, CA
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: Leanin.Org and OptionB.Org.
We are looking for a Visual Design Contractor to work closely with the Creative Director and the Marketing team to create materials for both print and digital mediums. The ideal candidate will interpret our brand standards and mission in visual communication and develop their professional work style. If you enjoy collaborating, working in a creative environment, bringing concepts to life and can manage multiple projects simultaneously, we can’t wait to meet you.
This position is a full-time 5-6 month position based out of our office in Palo Alto, CA.
- Assist in-house design team with the creation of graphics and design layouts for emails, websites, and social media
- Assist the Marketing department in photo selection, editing, and cropping for web, social, and print
- Assist in making revisions and extensions to past and current design projects
- Passionate for missions of Lean In and Option B
- 2-3 years of professional design experience
- Proficiency in Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
- A portfolio that demonstrates a solid grasp of graphic design, typography, layout, photo editing, and visual communication
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced startup environment with hyper-attentiveness to pixels and detail
- Maintains a positive attitude and professional poise under tight deadlines
- Bonus skills: illustration, hand-lettering proficiency, and/or information design experience
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.