Option B Social Media Manager
Palo Alto, CA /
Option B /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program. We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join the Option B programs team. The mission of OptionB.Org is to help people build resilience and find meaning in the face of adversity.
This position will be responsible for the day to day operations of OptionB.Org social channels. You will also work closely with content marketing to ensure that our Option B resources reach our audience. If you are passionate about the mission of Option B and have experience running and growing large-scale social media channels, we look forward to meeting you!
This position is a full-time position and based out of our office in Palo Alto, CA. Due to COVID-19, the entire team is working remotely on PDT hours through July 2021.
Strategy, Planning & execution (60%):
- Create and update OB’s social media strategy centered around OB’s brand personality, tone, value prop to our community with emphasis on education as well as intersectionality and inclusion
- Drive and manage a creative, engaging editorial calendar that keeps Option B’s social presence empathetic, inclusive, relevant and on-trend
- Work closely with content marketing to package education content with optimal social positioning, including image selection and crafting engaging headlines to writing and editing compelling caption copy
- Drive OB’s influencer outreach and relationship maintenance
- Coordinate production of IG & FB Lives, videos
Optimization & analysis (40%):
- Use quantitative and qualitative insights to optimize Facebook and Instagram’s engagement to shape Option B’s social strategy
- Recommend changes that enhance the quality of content and achieve performance targets
- Learn, follow through, and improve upon foundation processes to set principal and exec team up for success
- Passion for missions of Option B, Lean In, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- Demonstrated understanding of how to drive toward more intersectional and inclusive product and/or marketing outcomes
- Values meticulous attention to detail for processes & writing
- Has a strong record of demonstrating ownership with a solutions-focused mindset
- Brings a minimum of 3+ years of direct experience running day-to-day social across large-scale social communities with 100k+ followers
- Has experience in building brand tone, voice and personality on social
- Understands trends and best practices across social platforms and digital channels -- especially IG Stories, IGTV, IG & FB Lives
- Is experienced growing social channels through organic and paid strategies and tactics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn, follow through, and improve on foundation processes to set team and principal set up for success
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; consumer brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Paid ads experience a plus
- Remote experience a plus
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.