Senior Manager, B2B Marketing
Palo Alto, CA /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are rapidly growing our Lean In offerings for companies, non-profits, and government. To serve this user base, we're searching for a Senior Manager, B2B Marketing, reporting to our VP, Marketing. You will be responsible for developing a marketing strategy across growth marketing, product marketing, and brand marketing to help drive acquisition, brand preference, engagement, and loyalty.
This newly created role is an important architect of growth. Our ideal candidate is an experienced leader who builds the "big picture" strategy and can roll up their sleeves as a "doer" to make the plan come alive. This leader thrives on leading cross-functional teams to ensure that our initiatives are insight-driven, inspiring, and drive results. A test & learn mindset is key, as is understanding what it's like to work in a dynamic environment where we forge new paths.
As a part of SGFF, you will have a meaningful opportunity to expand on our vision of creating equitable and inclusive work environments. If this sounds exciting, let's talk!
Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely on PDT hours through September 2021. Beyond that, this full-time position will be based out of our office in Palo Alto, CA. We have a hybrid work model: three days a week in the office and two days a week remote. This position serves on the Marketing Leadership Team.
- Lead the development of marketing strategies & plans to build awareness, adoption, and engagement of our company programs. Manage projects, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- Lead the go-to-market strategy for new programs, features, and initiatives. Drive product positioning, messaging, merchandising, customer communications, and participate in product development (e.g., naming, feature prioritization, etc.)
- Lead the development of assets to support initiatives. Work closely with creative services and partners to develop videos, product guides, creative, copy, etc.
- Partner with product management to build and optimize landing page design, merchandising, etc. Ensure our sites articulate our differentiated positioning to maximizing acquisition, cross-sell, and engagement. Craft clear value propositions, reasons to believe, and help create an industry-leading experience for customers.
- Mine primary and secondary research to develop in-depth knowledge of consumer needs, market trends, product and business insights, and the competitive landscape. Synthesizes key learnings and develops recommendations for the business.
- Analyze and monitor the performance of the business, key products, and initiatives to ensure that we are on track to deliver business objectives. Develops insights to apply to future projects.
- Develop insight-based email campaigns from strategy, content creation to post-launch analysis. Continually improve campaigns to acquire new customers, nurture prospects, and maximize lifetime value.
- Write and edit various written communications, including landing pages, email campaigns, ad copy, etc.
- Be the voice of the customer to guide marketing, partnerships, program teams, etc. Share brand data and insights to enhance our work.
- Create alignment with key internal partners through consistent communication, and develop playbooks that will help extend the brand message among both internal and external partners
- Manage, mentor, and develop direct reports.
- Passion for the mission of SGFF programs and the work we do. Interest in women's issues, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 8+ years of related marketing experience: product/brand management, growth marketing merchandising, CRM, or strategy consulting.
- Experienced in developing both marketing/business strategy and plans that deliver results. You’ve demonstrated success across a broad range of marketing activities (campaigns, product launches, merchandising, promotions).
- Proven experience leading large cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment. You are a strong collaborator and know how to get the best out of a team to drive results.
- Experience creating inclusive, culturally aware marketing campaigns that speak to diverse audiences.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking; ability to make decisions supported by data and insights.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; skilled at crafting compelling, differentiated, and inclusive messaging that inspires action.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to successfully multitask and prioritize multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, develop and motivate direct reports.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to large & small groups.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.