Senior Writing Lead, Executive Communications
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We’re looking for a senior writer to support Lean In and Option B’s executive communications and thought leadership across social media and other channels.
This position is a full-time remote position based in the US working PDT hours.
- Owning thought leadership and executive communications for Lean In and Option B’s principals
- Working closely with principals to draft social posts, long-form thought pieces, and other communications – with an emphasis on inclusivity and intersectionality
- Collaborating cross-functionally with our communications, marketing, and partnerships teams
- Staying on top of stories and issues that impact women – and proactively proposing opportunities to weigh in with a strong point of view
- Managing principals’ social calendars and channels
- Reviewing and editing other team members’ writing and content
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Deep understanding of women’s issues and intersectionality and passion for diversity, equity and inclusion
- 8+ years of writing experience for senior executives including speeches, op-eds, and social posts
- World-class writing, editing, and communication skills
- Track record of responding to timely moments with an ownable point of view
- Comfortable writing for multiple executives and staying true to their unique tone of voice
- Ability to distill research and complex information into simple, engaging writing
- Experience owning the social presence of a senior executive is a plus
- Experience working in politics or for a women's organization is a plus
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.