Marketing Associate (6-month role)
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives, LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for a Marketing Associate to support our strategic marketing efforts for LeanIn.Org, including developing Season 3 of Tilted: A Lean In podcast, supporting the growth and engagement of our Lean In social channels and supporting other program launches. The ideal candidate is a strong writer with sharp attention to detail. You believe in the power of storytelling and know how to apply brand voice across channels and contexts. You will join our marketing team and report to our Integrated Marketing Director.
If you’re a skilled wordsmith and storyteller who is social media savvy and has a passion for building a more equal and inclusive world—we’d love to talk to you.
This position is a temporary, full-time remote position from April - October 2021, based in the US working PDT hours.
- Support the Marketing team across the podcast, social, web, and email
- Drafting copy for web pages, email newsletters, and marketing campaigns
- Contribute to the development of Tilted: A Lean In podcast—researching topics/guests, drafting backgrounders for recordings, and drafting web/email copy for episode releases
- Support the growth and engagement of Lean In’s social channels—drafting posts that resonate with women of all backgrounds, research for cultural moments, and monitoring/responding to community comments
- Keep up to date and provide recommendations on cultural events, news stories, and trends that may impact Lean In’s audiences
- Set up and publish posts in social tool—and emails in our email tool
- Pull and analyze metrics for our podcast and social channels
- Passion for the missions of Lean In, Option B and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, communications, social media, journalism, or content creation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in social media publishing and community management platforms
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Willingness to take on small but essential tasks with enthusiasm
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Experience supporting or liaising directly with an executive/senior stakeholder a plus
- Remote experience a plus
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.