Social Media Manager, Option B
Palo Alto, CA
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: Leanin.Org and OptionB.Org. We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join the Option B programs team. The mission of OptionB.Org is to help people build resilience and find meaning in the face of adversity.
This position will be responsible for the development, health, and growth of all OptionB.Org social channels. You will also work closely with our marketing, digital, and partnerships teams to ensure that our Option B resources reach audiences at scale. If you are passionate about the mission of Option B and have experience running and growing large-scale social media channels, we can’t wait to meet you.
This position is full-time and based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Run day-to-day social media for Option B
- Grow and engage social audiences across channels
- Package and distribute Option B’s programmatic content in fresh and engaging ways across digital
- Measure growth and engagement across channels, using data to draw insights and recommend new approaches
- Share content in our Option B Facebook Groups to drive engagement
- Foster and grow a compelling, inclusive social media presence that resonates across broad audiences
- Write questions for, and coordinate production of Facebook Live videos
- Oversee social ads to drive growth and engagement for social channels
- Engage with experts to bring valuable content (AMA’s, etc) to the Option B community
- Update Salesforce to capture participation of key partners and individuals
- Passion for missions of Option B and Lean In
- 2-5 years of marketing, digital, or social experience, with a minimum of 2-3 years of direct experience running day-to-day social across large-scale social communities with 500K+ followers
- Deep knowledge of trends and best practices across social platforms and digital channels
- Experience growing social channels through organic and paid strategies and tactics (experience running social ads preferred)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly, and juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of demonstrating strong ownership with a solutions-focused mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.