Palo Alto, CA /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for a user-centric and multi-talented digital design leader, to shape and evolve our brand visual language and lead a team of creatives and freelance/agency partners to bring our brand to life in memorable ways. The ideal candidate must be strategic, able to develop creative solutions, take initiative, and have a well-rounded design background. From product launches, marketing campaigns, landing pages and digital experiences, research reports, video content, social and content marketing, and brand experiences, you will have the opportunity to shape our brand voice and visual language, and ensure creative excellence.
You have an eye for great talent and a track record of leading creatives to do exceptionally inspired work. You are an empathetic leader that has built team cultures that are creatively vibrant, where individuals feel safe taking risks, and challenging themselves and their teammates.
Are you an entrepreneurial design leader who enjoys problem solving and brand design across multiple touchpoints? If so, we would love to talk to you.
Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely on PDT hours through September 2021. Beyond that, this full-time position will be based out of our office in Palo Alto, CA.
- Mentor and manage our in-house design team to help create and maintain the quality of work and ensure all projects meet or exceed high brand standards and business objectives
- Lead design at a systems level, building components to be reused, scaled, and optimized across different channels and platforms
- Lead the development of web pages and digital experiences that are cohesive and highly engaging with an emphasis on reaching new audiences and underrepresented groups
- Build trust, respect, and credibility with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Provide strong creative direction and mentorship to internal design team and grow the team’s and organization’s knowledge of best design practices and trends in digital and graphic design
- Work closely with our web development partner and manage outside video and photography contractors
- Lead by example, roll up your sleeves when necessary, embrace creative conflict and transform problems into additive solutions
- Learn, follow through, and improve upon foundation processes to set principal and exec team up for success
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- 8+ years of experience in brand and web focused design environments
- 4+ years of management experience with growing responsibility
- An exceptional design portfolio across a range of mediums (e.g., print, web, mobile, social) with an emphasis on delivering on business objectives
- Strong leadership, project management, and consensus-building skills
- Experience leading the design of large-scale initiatives (i.e., digital curriculum, marketing campaigns, major new features) from ideation to final deliverable
- Knowledge of UX/UI design best practices and usability testing
- Experience in storyboarding for video production and, in an ideal world, directing photo and video shoots
- Ability to adapt quickly and juggle multiple competing priorities
- Commitment to inclusive design and experience designing for ADA compliance
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn, follow through, and improve on foundation processes to set team and principal up for success
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; consumer brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Remote experience a plus
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.