Palo Alto, CA /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for a tech savvy Product Contractor with a passion for the mission of SGFF and scaling social enterprise to support our fast-paced team for 6-months.
This position is full time for 6 months, and based in Palo Alto, CA. Due to COVID-19, the entire team is working remotely on PDT hours through next July.
About the Role
Our digital and product team strives to make it as easy as possible for the Lean In and Option B communities to stay up-to-date and connected. We are looking to optimize the overall UI/UX on our Lean In Circles website (leanin.org/circles), a system that allows individuals to start or join a Lean In Circle. Other projects include rolling out a new user flow for our Lean In Partners, re-organizing our Lean In education library, and developing a new UI/UX strategy for our OptionB.Org users. This is an exciting opportunity to use your product skills to help us create a more equal world and gain experience in the social impact sector.
As our Product Contractor you will work directly on the creation and continued development of SGFF’s product experience and will work closely with our Product Lead to drive and execute against the product roadmap. The ideal candidate will thrive in a startup environment, has a unique blend of business and technical savvy, is user-oriented, and has strong organization, communication, and analytical skills.
- Perform QA/UAT before product launches on all new features & projects
- Data pulls and analysis to assess KPIs, inform our product thinking, and improve engagement and retention
- Product research to inform the UI/UX of new projects
- Help develop specs, wireframes, and timelines for new projects
- Review and provide feedback on designs to ensure proposed solutions are simple and intuitive
- Launch new pages with existing templates
- Create compelling, inclusive digital experiences that resonate across broad audience
- Learn, follow-through, and improve upon foundation processes to set principal and exec team up for success
- Interfacing with and managing external team members
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- Ideal candidate has at least 1 year of experience (intern experience included) in product management or project management with a user-focus in a consumer internet startup environment
- Experience with Google Analytics preferred
- Ability to use data analysis to draft proposals and make informed decisions
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects at a given time
- Ability to learn, follow-through, and improve on foundation processes to set team and principal up for success
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; consumer brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Remote experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.