Head of Research & Content
Palo Alto, CA
Writing & Content
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: Leanin.Org and OptionB.Org.
The Head of Research & Content will be responsible for overseeing the creation of the Foundation’s written materials, including educational articles, programmatic content (activities and curricula), and reports such as our annual Women in the Workplace Report. They will lead the content team’s efforts to distill complex ideas and data into compelling, digestible language. In all of this, they will work closely with our team of writers to review and edit their work to ensure the team’s bar for quality.
- Lead large-scale writing projects from start to finish, working closely with the LeanIn.Org and OptionB.Org teams and outside subject matter experts
- Produce a variety of written materials, including our annual Women in the Workplace Report, op-eds, speeches and presentations, and educational materials
- Translate research and complex survey results into clear consumer-facing copy that remains true to the original data
- Review and edit the content team’s writing, ensuring all materials are clear, actionable, rigorously accurate, and aligned with the brand’s voice
- Manage, mentor, and inspire our content team
- Passion for missions of Lean In and Option B
- World-class writing skills with the ability to write for a wide range of materials and audiences
- Ability to work with key insights from complex datasets (e.g. Excel survey data from thousands of respondents across dozens of dimensions) to 1) identify the core findings, 2) make connections between those findings, and 3) translate the findings into a simple, compelling narrative
- Ability to translate complex research into everyday prose - demonstrated through writing samples
- Very strong editing skills - proven ability to guide other writers to hit a high quality bar
- Experience with survey design (eg: developing hypotheses, questions, etc.) a plus
- Strong interest in women's issues and in unconscious bias building resilience
- Comfort with a collaborative writing process
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to play high and play low
- Ability to move things forward with proactive problem-solving skills
- Proven track-record of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ year of experience
- PhD a plus
If interested, please send us your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample (see below for specifics) through Lever.
As a writing sample, please submit a piece of long-form writing (article, research report/journal, etc.) you’ve written.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.