Associate, Social Media & Content Marketing (6-month role)
Palo Alto, CA /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for an Associate, Social Media & Content Marketing, to support our fast-paced team. Our unique culture allows junior team members to contribute to exciting projects and grow their professional skill-set.
If you have an interest in marketing, communications/public relations, and social media along with a passion for the women’s space and creating a more resilient world—we’d love to talk to you.
This role is a 6-month, temporary, full-time role with the potential to be permanent.
Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely (on PDT hours) through December 2021. Closer to the end of the year, we'll reevaluate this approach. And longer-term we're planning to operate as a hybrid team, with some team members working in-person and some working remotely, depending on the nature of their role, their leadership responsibilities, and the composition of their team. For people who work in-person, we'll maintain our standard schedule of three in-office and two work-from-home days.
- Manage editorial calendar and schedule content on social channels
- Write and edit blog content, and build it on the web using a CMS
- Curate content across web and social for newsletters
- Serve as community manager by proactively engaging with followers and other like minded brands/organizations.
- Compile analytics reports on campaign performance
- Support the Senior Social Manager and Director of Content on day-to-day initiatives
- Conduct research on thought leaders, influencers, press, and the media landscape at large
- Passionate for missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- A passion for supporting & elevating women with marginalized identities
- Experience or interest in creating inclusive, culturally aware marketing campaigns that speak to diverse audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to innovate and stay on top of new trends in social media
- A wordsmith who can write thumb-stopping creative copy
- Experience with compiling social media metrics
- Knowledge of other digital marketing disciplines for integrated strategies (SEO, paid search, paid media)
- Ability to work efficiently with attention to detail across multiple work-streams
- Willingness to be a part of a greater change
- A no-task-is-too-small attitude
- Previous job or internship experience in marketing, communications, or advertising is a plus!
- Previous experience in creating short, snappy social videos is a double plus!
- Ability to learn, follow through on existing processes to set the team up for success
- Thrives on new challenges; consumer brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Remote experience a plus
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.