Director of Option B Programs
Palo Alto, CA
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: Leanin.Org and OptionB.Org.
We are looking for a Director of Programs for Option B to support our mission of helping people build resilience and find meaning in the face of adversity.
The Director of Programs will be responsible for overseeing the entire Option B program, including an online community of nearly 40,000 people, a digital library of educational materials about resilience and facing adversity (or supporting others who are), and a growing collection of stories of resilience. If you can create and grow safe and productive online communities, we can’t wait to meet you.
- Oversee a high profile program, including workstreams related to community management, partnerships, marketing, video and written content, and building public awareness
- Drive the strategic growth of our online community and the reach of our digital materials and public awareness programs
- Run day-to-day programming for Option B–from team management to working with all stakeholders and PMs to keep projects on track and moving toward the target
- Work closely with the web / product team to ensure that the optionb.org website is compelling and easy to navigate
- Work closely with the marketing, social, and partnerships teams to ensure that Option B’s materials reach the audiences who can benefit from them
- Establish a shared vision across stakeholders by building consensus on the priorities and goals, and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure all teams are executing against the program vision
- Create supportive, inclusive digital experiences that resonate across broad audiences
- Define, analyze, and own key metrics (such as survey reporting and KPIs) that will inform the success of our programs
- Manage, mentor, and inspire our programs team
- 5-8 years of experience managing the impact and / or growth of programs
- 2+ years of experience managing teams to success, with strong track record of developing talent
- Marketing and / or community management experience a plus
- Experience managing high visibility, complex, and cross-functional projects
- Solid executional experience, with a track record of generating strong results with limited resources
- Exceptional leadership and ownership skills, with a track record of influencing all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to think critically about partners and community needs, leading to thoughtful responses and recommendations
- Highly organized and process-driven, with the ability to deliver across multiple workstreams
- Strong data analytics skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong ability to move things forward and drive cross-functional teams to alignment in the midst of ambiguity
- Extremely results-oriented, with a knack for maximizing efficiency in a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment
- Experience working with high-profile executives
- Passion for the mission of Option B, and commitment to building web experiences that represent and include people of diverse backgrounds
If interested, please send us your resume, cover letter, and writing sample (see below for specifics) through Lever.
As a writing sample, please submit a piece of long-form writing (blog, newsletter, etc.) you’ve written for a brand or organization.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.