VP of Marketing
Palo Alto, CA
Marketing & Communications
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: Leanin.Org and OptionB.Org.
We are looking for a seasoned marketing leader to report directly to the President and lead the development of an integrated marketing strategy. As our Head of Marketing, you will be a vital team member on the senior leadership team and help shape the strategic direction of Lean In and Option B. You will lead our strategic public-facing initiatives, support the growth of our global communities, and drive the marketing strategy for our foundation programs.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience distilling ideas into consumer-friendly messaging, and developing and launching integrated marketing initiatives that break through the noise. If you can drive an integrated marketing strategy, develop strong consumer-facing messaging and roll it out across digital channels, and lead cross-functional teams to success, we can’t wait to meet you.
- Work alongside the President and senior leadership to support the overall strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing strategy to broaden awareness of the foundation’s programs and priorities
- Create and oversee implementation of our go-to-market plan, including channel identification, distribution, and creative execution
- Lead cross-functional teams—including partnerships, communications, programs, and product—to ensure our marketing initiatives reach a broad and inclusive audience
- Oversee digital marketing channels, including digital advertising, SEO, and email marketing
- Effectively use social channels to tell the Lean In and Option B stories in new ways, leveraging our community and partnerships in particular
- Oversee the production of marketing content & copy that distills complex topics into insights and narratives with nuanced messaging
- Regularly use quantitative and qualitative insights to shape and optimize our marketing strategy
- Build and develop strong marketing, social media, and design teams
- 10+ years of broad and diverse consumer marketing (B2C) experience, with at least 5 years in senior leadership, managing marketing teams to success
- World-class writer with demonstrated expertise distilling complex information into consumer-friendly, resonant messaging
- Demonstrated experience translating marketing messages across digital channels
- Deep understanding of social media, digital advertising, SEO, mobile, web, and email/SMS marketing
- Experience managing high visibility, complex, and cross-functional projects
- Data-driven and up to speed on industry best practices
- Strong understanding of issues critical to women, with the ability to build inclusive messaging narratives that speak to the experiences of women everywhere
- Solid executional experience with track record of generating strong results with limited resources
- Experience in hiring, retaining, mentoring, and managing high performing teams
- Thrives in highly functioning, dynamic, cross-functional environments built to move fast
- Passion for missions of Lean In and Option B
If interested, please send us your resume, cover letter, and writing samples through Lever.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.