Director of Marketing
Palo Alto, CA
Marketing & Communications
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: Leanin.Org and OptionB.Org.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to lead our strategic public-facing initiatives, support the growth of our global communities, and drive the marketing strategy for our foundation programs. The ideal candidate has significant experience distilling complex ideas into simple, resonant messaging and a track record of developing and launching marketing initiatives that break through the noise.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for bringing all of our new initiatives to life. If you can drive an integrated marketing strategy, develop strong consumer-facing messaging and roll it out across digital channels, and lead cross-functional teams to success, we can’t wait to meet you.
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing plans across foundation initiatives
- Drive the launches of our strategic public-facing initiatives, leading cross-functional teams—including partnerships, communications, programs, education, and product—to ensure our marketing initiatives reach a broad and inclusive audience
- Oversee digital marketing channels, including digital advertising, SEO, and email marketing
- Work closely with social media team to execute cross-functional marketing programs
- Oversee the production of marketing content & copy that distills complex topics into insights and narratives with nuanced messaging
- Regularly use quantitative and qualitative insights to shape and optimize our marketing strategy
- Manage, mentor, and inspire our marketing team
- 8+ years of direct experience in consumer marketing, with a heavy emphasis on B2C digital marketing
- 2+ years experience managing marketing teams to success, with strong track-record of developing talent
- World-class writer with demonstrated expertise distilling complex information into consumer-friendly, accessible messaging
- Demonstrated experience translating marketing messages across digital channels
- Deep understanding of social media, digital advertising, SEO, mobile, web, and email/SMS marketing
- Experience managing high visibility, complex, and cross-functional projects
- Data-driven and up to speed on industry best practices
- Strong understanding of the issues critical to women, with the ability to build inclusive, resonant messaging narratives
- Solid executional experience with track record of generating strong results with limited resources
- Thrives in highly functioning, dynamic, cross-functional environments built to move fast
- Passion for missions of Lean In and Option B
If interested, please send us your resume, cover letter, and writing samples through Lever.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.