Director of Digital
Palo Alto, CA
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: Leanin.Org and OptionB.Org.
We are looking for a user-centric and tech savvy Director of Digital to be responsible for the development, execution and optimization of our digital presence across marketing channels and foundation web properties (leanin.org, optionb.org, womenintheworkplace.com, and any other websites run by the foundation). The ideal candidate must be strategic, able to develop innovative solutions, take initiative and have a well-rounded digital background. You must have experience successfully launching products and programs, running large-scale digital campaigns that exceed targets, and be motivated by analytics and audience insights to drive awareness, engagement and conversion. Your entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on approach will be essential in driving the digital strategy forward.
Are you a passionate web geek who enjoys telling brand stories through digital channels? Are you creative but data-driven with a strong focus on results? If so, we would love to talk to you.
This position is full-time and based out of our office in Palo Alto, CA.
- Own and oversee end-to-end digital experience across all Foundation web properties, including strategic planning and execution of product/digital roadmaps, campaign and program launches, evergreen content management, UX, and marketing funnel
- Create compelling, visually exciting, and inclusive digital experiences that resonate across broad audiences and reflect the organization’s mission and values
- Design and manage the strategy and execution for full funnel digital marketing campaigns and programs across multiple channels including SEM, SEO, mobile, email, and paid social
- Manage a team to shape and guide our web presence for each project–from idea to specs, wires, designs, web copy development, dev, QA, launch, analysis, and optimization
- Manage keyword discovery, keyword expansion, ad copy, ad grouping, landing page optimization, testing, and analysis
- Oversee all aspects of lifecycle marketing and CRM growth
- Support our programs teams to engage and grow our global communities with a hyper focus on the user: driving new features and functionality based on user input, survey results, usability testing, data analysis, etc.
- Define success metrics, use and manage web analytics and optimization tools to:
- Increase the performance of campaigns
- Track and measure website effectiveness, including search traffic, conversion rates, SEO and optimization of web content
- Analyze and develop actionable insights from data
- Create/manage dashboard for the marketing team and executive stakeholders
- Manage team of talented digital producers and external web agency partners
- Work collaboratively with internal design team, integrated marketing, content marketing, and social
- Manage outside tech vendors including ongoing evaluation and identifying opportunities to improve performance and reach
- Drive our digital innovation to keep our foundation web presence creative and relevant
- Passion for missions of Lean In and Option B
- 7-10 years of experience leading digital launches and product or program marketing campaigns across various platforms (email, SMS, web, social, etc.)
- Experience working with key campaign management tools and platforms (Google Adwords, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.)
- Highly analytical and fluent in deriving insights from data (Google Analytics, etc)
- Strong technical acumen with proven ability of working seamlessly with engineering teams
- Passion for building inclusive web experiences where people of all backgrounds see themselves represented in your work; experience with ADA compliance and inclusive design a strong plus
- Creative thinking capabilities that include an interest to learn and adopt new marketing strategies and tactics
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Ability to build relationships and influence cross-functionally across all levels of an organization to get things done
- Ability to adapt quickly and juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.