VP of Marketing & Communications
Palo Alto, CA
Marketing & Communications
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: Leanin.Org and OptionB.Org.
We are looking for a seasoned marketing leader to report directly to the President and lead the development of an integrated marketing strategy. As the VP of Marketing & Communications, you will be a vital team member on the senior leadership team and help shape the strategic direction of Lean In and Option B. The ideal candidate will have significant experience distilling ideas into consumer-friendly messaging, navigating complex external communications challenges, and developing and launching integrated marketing initiatives that break through the noise.
You will be responsible for ensuring our brands and initiatives are effectively facilitating change, as well as leading a world-class team to execute on your marketing vision. We are looking for someone who wants to make a deep social impact, and live out our mission of building a more equal and resilient world.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work alongside the President and senior leadership to support the overall strategic direction of the organization
- Own the brand, marketing strategy, positioning, and storytelling for Lean In and Option B
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing strategy to broaden awareness of the foundation’s programs and priorities
- Create and oversee implementation of our go-to-market plan, including channel identification, distribution, and creative execution
- Effectively use social channels to tell the Lean In and Option B stories in new ways, leveraging our community and partnerships in particular
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key influencers who can help tell our story and expand our reach
- Build and develop strong marketing, communications, and social media teams
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including working with the product team to optimize our digital presence and shape our development roadmap
- 18+ years of broad and diverse consumer marketing experience with at least 8 years in senior leadership
- Deep understanding of consumer behavior and emerging technology trends
- World-class writer with expertise distilling complex information and research into messaging that resonates with consumers
- Demonstrated success in creating and executing strategic campaigns and partnerships
- Experience using small budgets to build highly effective and engaging integrated campaigns across all consumer touch points and reaching broad audiences, both domestically and abroad
- Track record of successfully navigating highly complex external communications challenges
- Strong understanding of issues critical to women, with the ability to build inclusive messaging narratives that speak to the experiences of women everywhere
- Proven ability to create and utilize media and influencer relationships to drive results
- Ability to translate data into insights into actions
- Experience in hiring, retaining, mentoring, and managing high performing teams.
- Understanding of social media, digital advertising, SEO, CRM, and email/SMS marketing channels
- Passion for the missions of Lean In and Option B
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to create compelling content and campaigns
- Insights driven and innovative; champions breakthrough ideas and initiatives
- Tireless work ethic and enthusiasm
- Highly collaborative with cross-functional partners
- Proven experience building, implementing, and executing growth mechanisms from scratch in a startup environment preferred
If interested, please send us your resume and cover letter through Lever.
As part of our dedication to diversity and inclusion on our team, the Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!