Director of Social Media & Digital Content
Palo Alto, CA
Marketing & Communications
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: LeanIn.Org and OptionB.Org.
We are looking for a Director of Social Media & Digital Content to lead a team of social media strategists and digital writers across both foundation initiatives, develop creative strategies to grow our global communities online and offline, and drive our public-facing creative strategy and messaging. Impeccable writing and editing skills are a must.
If you’re equally comfortable with social media, digital strategy, copywriting, and management—and you’d like to put those skills to use in service of our mission—we’d love to talk to you.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire our social media and digital content team
- Use quantitative and qualitative insights to drive our social media and digital marketing strategy
- Make use of a variety of platforms and tactics—able to produce everything from a quippy tweet to a thought-provoking long-form LinkedIn article to a live video interview
- Work closely with and write for the organization’s senior leadership team
- Lead the foundation’s influencer outreach in support of all public-facing initiatives
- Serve as an in-house editor
- Serve as the social media and digital content team’s liaison and advocate across the foundation, working especially closely with the communications, creative, product, and program teams
- 8+ years of direct experience in social media strategy and digital content creation
- 2+ years experience managing marketing teams to success, with strong track-record of developing talent
- World-class writer with demonstrated expertise distilling complex information into conversational, accessible messaging
- Experience writing for high-visibility principals or managing multiple clients a plus
- Deep understanding of social media best practices and tools
- Strong understanding of the issues critical to women, with the ability to build inclusive, resonant messaging narratives
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, cross-functional environments and shift between the organization’s diverse subject areas seamlessly
- Passion for missions of Lean In and Option B
If interested, please send us your resume, cover letter, and writing samples through Lever.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.