Senior Manager, Social Media - Lean In
Palo Alto, CA
Marketing & Communications
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through two key initiatives: LeanIn.Organd OptionB.Org.
We are looking for someone to run Lean In’s Social Media presence and take it to the next level. The ideal candidate can develop a creative vision and strategy to grow our global social communities, write and post energizing, nuanced social posts that resonate with woman and men around the world, and analyze and optimize our social presence. Creative vision for social engagement and impeccable writing and editing skills are a must.
If you’re passionate about the women’s space, and are equally comfortable with social media, digital strategy, and writing—we’d love to talk to you.
- Own, develop, and drive Lean In’s social media strategy across platforms
- Drive and manage a creative, engaging editorial calendar for social that keeps our social presence bold and in-the-moment
- Write, edit, and review nuanced social posts that resonate with an intersectional, inclusive, and global audience
- Make the most of a variety of platforms and tactics—producing everything from a quippy tweet to an inspirational Instagram story to a thought-provoking long-form LinkedIn article to a live video interview
- Work closely with and write for the organization’s senior leadership team
- Serve as a cross-functional leader across the team, working especially closely with the communications, marketing, design, product, and programs teams
- Lead the foundation’s influencer engagement and outreach in support of all public-facing Lean In initiatives
- Use quantitative and qualitative insights to optimize our social media engagement and shape our digital marketing strategy
- 4-7 years of experience in social media strategy and digital content creation, with 2 years direct experience running and managing social media accounts end-to-end required
- Deep understanding of social media best practices and tools - consumer-facing company and social impact experience a plus
- World-class writer with demonstrated expertise distilling complex information into conversational, accessible messaging
- Experience writing for high-visibility principals or managing multiple clients a plus
- Strong understanding of the issues critical to women, with the ability to build inclusive, resonant messaging narratives
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, cross-functional environments and shift between the organization’s diverse subject areas seamlessly
- Passion for missions of Lean In and Option B
- Based in Palo Alto, CA
If interested, please send us your resume, cover letter, and writing samples (including links to social accounts you’ve managed if applicable) through Lever.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.