Engineering Manager (US Remote)
Santa Clara, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
We are a growth stage company that creates software solutions combining lean principles, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and machine learning to transform hospital and infusion center operations. More than 180 health systems and over 600 hospitals across 43 states rely on our award-winning products to increase patient access, decrease wait times, and reduce healthcare delivery costs. We have raised more than $300 million from top-tier investors such as Bain Capital, Insight Partners, and Goldman Sachs. We have been named among the top 100 AI companies in the world.
Please note that while this role is listed as available for remote, we are currently employing in the following 31 states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MA, MI, MO, MT, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI . If your state is not listed, we may not be able to proceed with your application. We have offices in Santa Clara, CA and Charlotte, NC for employees who prefer to work regularly or occasionally from an office.
We are looking for a thoughtful Engineering Manager to shape one of the modules of our flagship product - iQueue for Operating Rooms - with a team of 5-7 engineers and a PM.
If the idea of making healthcare better sounds worthwhile, and the experience of working with smart and driven colleagues to solve customer problems looks appealing, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- People Management: Plan headcount, drive recruiting process, make hiring decisions, and onboard engineers. Conduct regular 1:1s and keep engineers focused, productive, happy, and growing; and help them achieve their career goals.
- Product Management: Be a soulmate for your PM: Influence product roadmaps from a technical perspective and ensure the trains are headed in the right direction, layout the tracks needed for them, and make sure they run on time.
- Technical Management: Conduct design reviews, provide thoughtful feedback, help make directionally good tradeoffs, and ensure that the team is moving forward with directionally good design decisions. Be a champion for security, reliability, scalability, simplicity, and elegance.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 8+ years of progressive experience as an engineer, working on production distributed systems and database driven RESTful web services in a cloud environment (AWS or GCP).
- 2+ years of formal management experience with direct reports; passionate about making others successful and seeing them grow.
- Good technical instincts and knack for using sound engineering principles to make directionally good technical decisions; passionate about solving customer problems with delightful product experiences.
- Effective communication and organizational skills and knack for getting things done.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Healthcare experience.
- Enterprise B2B experience.
- AI/ML experience.
- Previous experience at a high growth startup.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Intellectual and emotional satisfaction of solving tough operational problems in healthcare while improving patient access and saving lives!
- Competitive compensation package that includes base salary, annual bonus, and stock options
- 401(k) Match
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly reimbursement for Skill Building
- Monthly reimbursement for Wellness, Transportation, and/or Home Office
- Education Reimbursement for select courses/programs
The base salary range for this position is $185-$220K/year. The offered salary will reflect careful consideration of a number of factors, including work location, your skills and qualifications, prior relevant experience and internal equity.
LeanTaaS is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you require assistance during the application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. LeanTaaS will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: LeanTaaS is not accepting agency resumes at this time, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.