Product Manager (Remote)
New York, NY /
Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Leap’s Product team connects our business teams in the US and the engineering team in the Netherlands, building software that unlocks access to wholesale electricity markets for distributed energy resources and devices. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and detail-oriented problem-solver with availability during standard US Eastern time zone working hours to help innovate and execute on various product initiatives. You should be passionate about energy markets and have the flexibility and grit for working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment within a highly regulated industry.
Here's what we hope you'll bring:
- Background in computer science, software engineering, or other technical discipline.
- At least 2 years of product management experience delivering software products.
- At least 2 years experience working in an early stage B2B startup environment
- Aptitude for building relationships with a multinational team across several time zones.
- Demonstrated experience successfully bringing new products to market.
- Skilled at deeply understanding customer needs and supporting prioritization decisions with qualitative and quantitative insights
- NICE TO HAVE: experience in US wholesale electricity markets, distributed energy resources, or SaaS API product development.
In this role you will:
- Investigate new product offerings using customer research, prototyping and go-to-market plans.
- Work closely with a team of engineers and designers to bring features to market.
- Develop metrics to define expectations and measure outcomes of features.
- Engage executive and functional business teams in release, operational and customer support plans.
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.