Business Development Associate (Remote)
San Francisco, USA /
Business Development /
Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for?
We are actively seeking an organized and enthusiastic associate to join our growing business development team. This associate would provide dedicated support to our engagements with cleantech partners. If you love learning about the latest trends in consumer technology, creatively thinking through problems, coordinating efficiently and have a knack for data analysis to inform strategy, this job is for you.
This is a dynamic and varied role that will help Leap drive growth by supporting the origination of new partners. You’ll extensively explore industry trends and entrants, perform data analysis and develop sales tools and presentations that help bring new partners onto Leap’s platform. You’ll work with the most innovative companies in climate tech, including market leaders in EV charging, energy storage, smart buildings and water efficiency.
We are a distributed team with North American operations located in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC. For the right person, this position can be based anywhere in North America.
Here's what we hope you bring:
- Have 1-3 years' experience in consumer technology, fin-tech, utility energy efficiency programs, or energy markets -- experience in lead generation or data-related roles and a strong demonstrated ability to handle a diverse work plan are a plus;
- Are highly organized and find happiness in developing/maintaining efficient processes;
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, with the ability to adapt to new responsibilities;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and a strong analytical foundation;
- Enjoy engaging with partners and customers, including presenting and visualizing data and explaining your analyses;
- Are able to prioritize, manage and execute tasks across the business with an eye on meeting the needs of our partners and growing our value;
- Think strategically but can easily dive into the details and love to problem solve;
- Enjoy developing and maintaining strong relationships to meet the needs of our partners and growing Leap's value;
- Have experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform;
- Thrive working collaboratively with a diverse team of amazingly talented and fun people, but are also capable of working independently in a fast-paced startup environment
In this role you will:
- Improve and manage our internal business development processes;
- Manage our Customer Relationship Management platform and reporting out on our team’s progress;
- Prospect, generate and manage leads, while also engaging in early partner discussions to qualify opportunities and build relationships;
- Collaboratively working with the sales and market development teams to create lead generation strategies to generate lead opportunities with prospective partners;
- Conduct data-driven analysis to support our partners, such as sizing Partner potential, inform dispatch strategies and identifying new market opportunities;
- Create and manage tools/templates that can be shared with prospective partners to help them better understand our business value;
- Become an expert in energy markets and utility programs, and using that knowledge to help drive decisions and educate partners;
- Work with our partner success team to create an integrated, straight-forward onboarding process to help partners integrate with our platform and enroll their customers;
- Collaborate with our product, market operations and engineering teams to improve product development and sales strategy.
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.