Business Development Manager - Energy Storage (Remote)
Houston, TX /
Business Development /
Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for?
We’re seeking a creative and driven business development professional with a strong network and experience in behind-the-meter energy storage. This person is passionate about the role that storage can play in balancing and decarbonizing the electrical grid. This role will focus on growing and deepening our energy storage partnerships, with a primary focus on the leading players in the commercial storage market.
Here's what we hope you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in business development, project development, corporate development or product with a strong network in behind-the-meter energy storage
- A strong understanding of the customer value proposition and financial drivers of behind-the-meter energy storage projects
- A drive to build new relationships and close deals that benefit both your company and your partner
- The ability to navigate external organizations, identify the right stakeholders and decision makers, unblock items when they are stuck and manage through persuasion and data-driven analysis
- An appreciation for open discussions with colleagues and customers
- You enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse team of amazingly talented and fun people, but you are also perfectly capable of working independently
In this role you will:
- Use your network and market knowledge to grow Leap’s partnerships in commercial energy storage, working with software, hardware, and development partners to drive growth across energy markets
- Structure deals that enable our partners to capture new grid services revenues from their core products and services while contributing to a cleaner and more stable electrical grid
- Collaborate with Leap’s partner success team to launch new energy storage partnerships on Leap’s platform, contributing to onboarding and solution development efforts that address partner needs, ensure Leap is delivering value, and create a positive partner experience
- Leverage your industry knowledge to help Leap’s data analytics, product and marketing teams
- Develop solutions that scale our partners’ businesses through better customer engagement, opportunity sizing, and more efficient market participation
- Engage with partners to collect and synthesize product feedback and provide input to our product/engineering teamsIdentify and develop relationships with new channel partners to develop innovative solutions for commercial energy storage and drive top-of-the-funnel growth for Leap
- Increase Leap’s visibility within the energy storage industry, including participating in industry working groups and collaborating with our marketing team to develop thought-leadership pieces
- Build on your knowledge of energy storage
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.