Financial Analyst (Remote)
Houston, TX /
Finance & Accounting /
Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for? Someone who:
- Values diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
- Embraces an environment where you’ll be exposed to a variety of companies, business challenges, and tools / software
- Thrives or would thrive in a remote-first, distributed work environment
- Appreciates thinking about the “why” in addition to the “how”
Here's what we hope you bring:
- Background in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other analytic field
- Experience with US GAAP revenue recognition guidance
- Understanding of financial accounting systems
- CPA is a plus, but not required
In this role you will:
- Lead the monthly close process, drive invoicing and cash application
- Ensure the preparation of journal entries, and reconciliations for revenue and costs
- Contribute to the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
- Generate client prepared audit deliverables
- Coordinate with operational teams to ensure the accuracy of financial data
- Perform Ad hoc analysis as required
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.