Business Development Manager (Remote)
New York, NY /
Business Development /
Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for?
We’re seeking a creative and driven business development professional with a strong network and experience in Distributed Energy Resources (DERs). This person is passionate about the role that DERS like smart buildings, electric vehicle charging, and energy storage can play in balancing and decarbonizing the electrical grid. This role will focus on growing and deepening our partnerships with leading DER technology and service providers.
Here's what we hope you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in business development, product development, corporate development or sales with a strong network in renewable energy, energy efficiency, or IoT
- A drive to build new relationships and close deals that benefit both your company and your partner
- The ability to navigate external organizations, identify the right stakeholders and decision makers, unblock items when they are stuck and manage through persuasion and data-driven analysis
- An appreciation for open discussions with colleagues and customers
- Are hands-on and entrepreneurial at heart, but also possess strong analytical, data and financial modeling abilities
- You enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse team of amazingly talented and fun people, but you are also perfectly capable of working independently
In this role you will:
- Use your network and market knowledge to grow Leap’s partnerships across energy markets by developing leads and building relationships with the leading software, hardware, and project development partners in distributed energy
- Structure deals that enable our partners to capture new grid services revenues from their core products and services while contributing to a cleaner and more stable electrical grid
- Collaborate with Leap’s partner success team to launch new partnerships on Leap’s platform, contributing to onboarding and solution development efforts that address partner needs, ensure Leap is delivering value, and create a positive partner experience
- Leverage your industry knowledge and engagement with partners to help Leap’s data analytics, product and marketing teams develop solutions that scale our partners’ businesses through better customer engagement, opportunity sizing, and more efficient market participation
- Identify and develop relationships with new channel partners to develop innovative solutions and drive top-of-the-funnel growth for Leap
- Increase Leap’s visibility within the industry, including participating in industry working groups, presenting at industry conferences and collaborating with our marketing team to develop thought-leadership pieces
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.