Head of Growth Marketing
San Francisco Bay Area
Learn Capital is a venture capital firm dedicated to education technology companies. We invest in and support early-stage ventures involved in the creation, delivery, management and scaling of learning experiences and educational access for students of all ages worldwide. Since launching its inaugural fund in 2009, the firm has backed startups that have achieved leadership positions in multiple high growth education markets. We aim to transform the way the world learns by helping entrepreneurs with a vision for better and smarter learning.
A portfolio company, in the online education space is looking to hire a Head of Growth Marketing. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing strategy to drive rapid growth, and bring qualified and engaging teachers to the company.
The ideal candidate has:
- Has a strong understanding of the online English language learning market, customers, and competition, and is skilled in integrating this information into growth strategies.
- Has a clear grasp on the entire marketing funnel. Can formulate new ideas on how to optimize each of these facets, and can communicate ideas and receive feedback from other department heads (product, engineering, and data).
- Can rapidly execute on new ideas. Can devise and package highly effective user experiences that drive growth.
- Can gather relevant data and translate it into insightful stories with no additional help from engineering or data teams. Can leverage this data to make decisions that drive growth.
- Can present findings and insights to the management team in a clear and concise manner; strong oral and written communication skills.
- Has strong project management skills. Can assume leadership on cross-functional, complex projects.
- Develop VIPKID’s comprehensive teacher growth strategy and drive execution, including creative conceptualization, execution and optimization, as well as budget allocation
- Own website traffic and conversion for teacher recruitment, and generate data-driven hypotheses for alternate website designs.
- Lead teacher growth and drive acquisition of new customers across multiple channels such as website, paid, SEO, SEM, affiliates, social and email.
- Proactively seek, identify and evaluate innovative opportunities for teacher acquisition growth and optimization opportunities that will drive campaign performance
- Drive, lead and monitor A/B and multivariate tests to optimize conversion and other key performance metrics.
- Improve current user acquisition process and methodology, while enhancing productivity of the product, engineering, design, and data teams
- At least 7+ years of user acquisition and digital consumer marketing experience with a focus on developing/optimizing online programs with a rich portfolio of previous successful marketing campaigns
- Successful experience managing, growing and leading a high-performance growth team
- Deep expertise of Facebook growth hacking, SEO, SEM, display marketing, ad networks, funnel optimization, and user experience optimization for conversion
- Comfortable working in a cross-culture, cross time zone fast changing environment.
- Experience with online ESL/K-12 education or teaching is preferred, but not necessary.
- Expert in SQL, and willingness to learn Python and R