Photomath: Senior Marketing Manager
San Francisco Bay Area
What are we Building?
Math can be easy, challenging, and fun. But most of all, we believe that math is a crucial skill in life. Photomath is the leading mobile application to master math. Over 100 million students depend on our product to not only solve 20+ million problems a day but also to pass or even ace their math class. We believe it is important for every student to have a strong understanding of math fundamentals and to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world. By emphasizing a seamless UX, data-informed decision making, and respect for diverse perspectives, we strive to build amazing technology that improves learning and becomes the new standard for students and parents alike.
Did you know? Photomath has reached 100 million downloads with zero marketing efforts. Photomath's users have collectively spent over 2,000 years using the app.
We have ambitious goals but we need your help to achieve them. We are seeking a marketing professional who will develop the marketing strategy across all of Photomath’s user segment: students, parents, and teachers.
Want to help us revolutionize math learning? Become our Senior Marketing Manager and help us bring Photomath to the next level.
What is the Role?
- You will build and lead a small team of marketing specialists to effectively execute the full stack marketing strategy that you devise
- You will be responsible for developing the brand and messaging targeted at each user segment
- You will manage and lead our lifecycle marketing efforts
- You will focus on optimizing our monetization strategy, working closely with the product and growth teams
- You will build and communicate a data narrative around our marketing efforts to guide internal discussions
What Does Success Look Like?
- Within the first month, you will have worked with the team to implement the systems and processes to measure and implement lifecycle marketing campaigns
- By month three, you will have created a branding strategy for each target stakeholder
- From there, you will execute the strategy that amplifies user growth, enhances monetization, and builds Photomath’s brand in targeted populations
- Overall, you will have developed a data-driven methodology to evaluate and improve the marketing and branding strategy
- Later on, you will take leadership in strategic planning on marketing, go-to-market plans for new countries, messaging, channel partnerships, etc.
Who are You?
- You have 3+ years of experience in consumer focused marketing and deep subject matter expertise across digital channels
- You understand the needs and can reflect the voice of students, parents, and teachers
- You have proven ability to work cross functionally and in a distributed team (different time zones)
- You have world class communication and analytical skills
- You take initiative to identify and drive new efforts aka you’re scrappy
- You can see the challenge and potential that comes with the uncertainty of creating something new
- You believe wholeheartedly in the importance of math education and ensuring that everyone regardless of background has the ability to master math
- Previous experience with teacher communities is a plus
Photomath is a Learn Capital portfolio company. Learn Capital is a venture capital firm dedicated to education technology companies. We invest in and support early-stage ventures involved in the creation, delivery, management and scaling of learning experiences and educational access for students of all ages worldwide. Since launching its inaugural fund in 2009, the firm has backed startups that have achieved leadership positions in multiple high growth education markets. We aim to transform the way the world learns by helping entrepreneurs with a vision for better and smarter learning.