Springboard - VP of Product
San Francisco Bay Area
Springboard is on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education in new-economy skills like data science, design, analytics, and digital marketing. We’ve already helped thousands of students worldwide, offering personalized mentoring and coaching support to maximize learning and help achieve real professional outcomes.
Springboard’s product has evolved significantly over the last 4 years, with the steady addition of features that give our students all they need to succeed in our courses — and beyond, in the workplace. We’re now looking for an experienced, visionary, customer-focused VP of Product to define and drive our product strategy; execute consistently, rapidly, and effectively to take ideas from concept to production; and mentor and grow our talented 3-person product organization.
You’ll be a part of Springboard’s leadership team, and work collaboratively across the company.
- Identify, articulate, and own the vision for our products and markets
- Understand our positioning with respect to the future of professional education, ensuring that our roadmap points toward that future state
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the market, with specific focus on other players in our verticals
- Define product success metrics and construct a framework to continuously analyze product performance to assess success and/or challenges
- Effectively oversee product delivery and execution, including user research, experiments, and feature roll-out
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate/improve
- Evangelize our products to students, mentors, employers; represent our products to the media and customers worldwide
- Manage all functions of the product team; continually assess, hire and scale the organization as necessary
- bring 7+ years of demonstrated success in related roles at consumer startups; you’ve proven yourself to be a strategic thinker; an experimenter; and a deliverer of on-time, high-quality results to a significant number of end users
- have managed and coached high performers
- understand who you’re building for; you put yourself in the customer’s shoes, look to user research as an integral part of your toolkit, and can keep the team laser-focused on the customer and the market
- are great at prioritizing and comfortable betting on bold experiments
- have exceptional communication and collaboration skills, to drive consensus, work with varied stakeholders, and articulate trade-offs
- are OK getting your hands dirty and implementing your own ideas when needed
- have worked closely with marketing and engineering teams, especially distributed ones
- are passionate about improving education and seriously committed to helping build an organization from the ground up, even if things aren’t always easy
The Springboard team of 50 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics. Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact students’ lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.