Varsity Tutors - Senior Marketing Analyst
Seattle, WA or St. Louis, MO
Portfolio Companies – Varsity Tutors
Varsity Tutors is seeking an innovative Senior Marketing Analyst to help manage, enhance, and develop the company’s customer acquisition strategies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and a self-starter, strong ownership, results-oriented, bias for data and for action, and intellectually curious. The Sr. Marketing Analyst will be responsible for helping to scale key channels such as paid social marketing, affiliate, PPC, display, or other channels.
Varsity Tutors is a live learning platform that connects students and professionals with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. To date, students have accessed more than three million hours of live instruction on the platform. Experts are available to meet in person or through the company’s award-winning online and mobile platforms, which account for the majority of all sessions.
Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV. The funds will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs through algorithmic and automated solutions.
- Proactive, resourceful, and self-directed.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making, and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- Stand-out candidates will have programming experience and be conversant with applied ML.
- Bonus points for strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies.
- Bonus points for a MBA or other graduate degree in relevant field.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- All candidates must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
- Identify, experiment with, prove out, and scale acquisition channels
- Create strategies to engage those leads and convert them to customers.
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- When needed, collaborate with UX, marketing, engineering.
- Once acquisition channels are proven, work with engineering to optimize, scale, and automate.
- Business development and negotiations as necessary to support.
- Can own acquisition programs end-to-end, including integrating with third-party APIs. (INDHP)
Varsity Tutors is a Learn Capital portfolio company. Learn Capital is a venture capital firm dedicated to education technology companies. We invest in and support early-stage ventures involved in the creation, delivery, management and scaling of learning experiences and educational access for students of all ages worldwide. Since launching its inaugural fund in 2009, the firm has backed startups that have achieved leadership positions in multiple high growth education markets. We aim to transform the way the world learns by helping entrepreneurs with a vision for better and smarter learning.