Photomath - Product Manager, Growth
San Francisco Bay Area
What are we Building?
Math can be easy, challenging, and fun. But most of all, we believe that math is a crucial skill in life. Photomath is the leading mobile application to master math. Over 90 million students depend on our product to not only solve 20+ million problems a day but also to pass or even ace their math class. We believe it is important for every student to have a strong understanding of mathematical fundamentals and to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world. By emphasizing a seamless UX, data-informed decision making, and respect for diverse perspectives, we strive to build amazing technology that improves learning and thus is actually demanded by students and parents alike.
What is the Role?
- You will dive into the data, conducting regular and ad-hoc analyses to find patterns that help us understand retention
- You will be laser focused on driving user growth through rigorous experimentation around retention and engagement
- You will elevate the user onboarding and overall experience to increase retention
- You will help develop and document the best implementation methods for product initiatives
- You will work closely with marketing, design, and engineering to analyze effectiveness of new initiatives and to implement necessary improvements
- You will help identify, implement, test, and measure new growth tactics
- You will, overtime, help launch and experiment with revenue generating initiatives
What Does Success Look Like?
- Within the first month, you will have worked on optimizing users’ on-boarding experience
- By month three, you will have helped set specific targets for key growth and retention metrics
- From there, you will design and implement your own experiments based on hypotheses from data you have analyzed
- Overall, you will own user growth through retention and re-engagement
Who are You?
- You believe wholeheartedly in the importance of math education and ensuring that everyone regardless of background has the ability to master math
- You have 3+ yrs experience managing retention and re-engagement for a mobile consumer app
- You empathize deeply with users
- You utilize data to inform decisions and make judgements
- You know SQL and want to apply your technical knowledge for product improvements
- You have proven ability to work cross-functionally and in a distributed team
- You take initiative to identify and drive new efforts- i.e., you thrive off of autonomy & agency
- Willingness to travel a huge plus
Photomath is a Learn Capital portfolio company. Learn Capital is a venture capital firm dedicated to education technology companies. We invest in and support early-stage ventures involved in the creation, delivery, management and scaling of learning experiences and educational access for students of all ages worldwide. Since launching its inaugural fund in 2009, the firm has backed startups that have achieved leadership positions in multiple high growth education markets. We aim to transform the way the world learns by helping entrepreneurs with a vision for better and smarter learning.