Summer Investment Team Fellow - Undergraduate
San Francisco Bay Area
The investment team at Learn Capital is hiring one investment team fellow to spearhead a diverse range of strategic projects throughout the investment lifecycle (sourcing, diligence, execution, and portfolio support). The fellow will glean significant knowledge, experience, and connections across the education technology and venture capital industries and will establish a strong foundation for a future career as an education technology operator or venture capital investor. This role is ideal for a highly analytical graduate or undergraduate student with a flair for producing polished, well-designed deliverables and comfortable with taking initiative, often amidst significant project ambiguity.
- Conduct market and competitive research and help draft and publish thought leadership
- Screen new investment opportunities and conduct in-depth due diligence (i.e., market sizing exercises, financial statement analysis, reference checks, etc.)
- Complete additional ad-hoc portfolio support projects and initiatives as they arise
- Produce polished, well-designed investment and portfolio support deliverables (i.e., investment memos, conference presentations, portfolio company presentations, etc.)
- Shadow Learn Capital Partner at conferences and other public/ecosystem engagements
- Superior analytical skills and comfort with processing common company deliverables (i.e., pitch presentations, financial statements, engagement metrics, etc.)
- A veritable self-starter who can seamlessly operate in a high-autonomy environment
- Exceptional presentation and deliverable design abilities
- Ideally an undergraduate student graduating in 2019 or 2020.
Compensation & Location:
- Compensation: The fellow will receive a monthly stipend
- Location: San Mateo, CA (Learn Capital office)
About Learn Capital: Learn Capital is a venture capital firm dedicated to the global education technology industry, investing in early-stage companies involved in the creation, delivery, management, and scaling of learning experiences and educational access for students of all ages worldwide. Since launching its inaugural fund in 2009, Learn has backed companies that have achieved leadership positions in multiple high-growth education markets, including Bridge International Academies, Edmodo, Coursera, General Assembly, Udemy, and VIPKID.