Springboard: VP of Program Operations
San Francisco Bay Area
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap through our high-quality, high-touch online courses in new-economy skills like data science, cybersecurity, and UX design. We’ve already helped thousands of people around the world to learn quickly and effectively, and to level up their careers, through a powerful combination of technology, content, community, and expert guidance.
Springboard’s offering is technology-enabled but very much human-centric. Our first VP of Program Operations will tie together and advance the work of all our external-facing human touchpoints (mentors, student advisors, career coaches, relationship managers, and more).
This is a rich, multifunctional, collaborative role: you’ll work on solving hard problems; directly impact the learning experiences and career outcomes of tens of thousands of students and professionals; and shape the foundations of a multi-dimensional community. You’ll play a vital role on the exec team at a high-growth startup, influencing the direction of the company beyond your own function.
- Be accountable for delivering a stellar experience and successful career outcomes for Springboard students (measured via KPIs you’ll help define and own), through ownership over the mentoring, support, and career advice they need to succeed
- Oversee and coordinate the work of three teams within “Program Ops,” namely Student Advising, Mentor Operations, and Career Services. Eventually, build out Alumni Services as a fourth pillar of the Program Ops team.
- Be the glue to ensure that the collective efforts of these teams are in sync, and are prioritized to best serve our student/mentor communities; facilitate information flow to identify opportunities, increase efficiency, minimize risk, and maximize impact.
- Design, implement, and optimize systems, org structure, processes and tools (with Product and Engineering as needed) to help streamline and scale our Program Operations, while safeguarding the humanness that is core to our programs.
- Lead, mentor and grow a high-performing team (one of the largest in the company) by recognizing, capitalizing on, and nurturing their individual strengths.
- Collaborate with Course GMs to influence the design of Springboard’s course offerings and ensure that we’re set up to deliver the right human touch points needed by students in each course; cross-pollinate ideas and insights between courses.
- Continually solicit, review, and implement feedback from our community of students, mentors and alumni to improve Springboard’s offering.
- Influence the design of Springboard’s learning platform and pedagogical methods by working closely with teams responsible for each.
- Ensure that we build hiring relationships with the best employers in the US and beyond
- Have 5+ years of experience, with a track record of taking on increasing responsibility and leadership experience.
- Bring an operations mindset: you enjoy (1) taking a systems thinking approach to define and improve processes (2) rolling up your sleeves in service of a cause, even if the work is not always glamorous.
- Boast a track record of producing measurable results, while balancing multiple priorities and constituencies, ideally in settings with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Are a strong communicator and empathetic leader who can collaborate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Are a strategic thinker, a connector of dots and people, a natural problem-solver, and an analytical, data-driven decision-maker.
- Set ambitious goals and effectively execute on them.
- Have previously managed high-performing teams; bonus points if these were distributed or multi-functional.
- Are passionate about education and our mission.
Bonus Points for:
- Familiarity with the talent industry, especially in tech / the digital economy
- Past experience in education design and delivery, customer experience, or career advising
- Business development acumen; ability to forge strong industry partnerships
The Springboard team of 50 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics. Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact students’ lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.