Foundry College - Personal Coaches for Students
Portfolio Companies – Foundry College
Foundry College, a new type of two-year college, seeks coaches to offer one-on-one personalized coaching to students. This online college is designed to educate working adults to fill in-demand jobs by teaching skills and knowledge that are important to employers and unlikely to be automated in the foreseeable future. Many Foundry College students have complex lives outside the classroom with family responsibilities, work commitments, and other demands on their time and finances. Studies show that these students do much better in school when they are given various forms of personal and emotional support. Foundry students will be assigned to a coach who will help them navigate personal and emotional situations—and ultimately maximize the value they get from the program. Applicants should have training in psychology, counseling, or education and be passionate about helping adult students manage the challenges of life, work, and school. Applicants should also demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills; a strong work ethic and high degree of organization; enthusiasm about working with diverse populations; and keen judgment to identify situations that should be escalated beyond a one-on-one coaching interaction.
- Meet with roughly 30 students each week in 45-minute, one-on-one personal coaching sessions, conducted online.
- Maintain a maximum caseload of roughly ~60 students, with each student participating in coaching sessions on a bi-weekly basis.
- Identify students’ coaching needs based on their unique situation. Personal coaching topics could range from helping students identify personal and professional goals and strategies to achieve them, to navigating episodic events that could interfere with their ability to meet goals or commitments.
- Meet with other coaches and a supervising senior coach on a weekly basis to discuss challenges, engage in group problem-solving, and share coaching best practices.
- Escalate specific issues directly to supervising senior coach to intervene as appropriate.
- On occasion, be available to students for communication and support outside designated coaching times.
- An undergraduate degree in psychology, education, counseling, or coaching certification, or equivalent credential or professional experience.
- Enthusiasm for working with diverse populations (across ages, gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, geography, etc.).
- Ability to manage student engagement with positivity and grit in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Highly organized, responsible, and committed to student success.
- High energy, entrepreneurial spirit, and strong interest in helping Foundry College maximize the impact of our coaching program for students.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment to email@example.com when applying and reference the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Learn Capital is a venture capital firm dedicated to education technology companies. We invest in and support early-stage ventures involved in the creation, delivery, management and scaling of learning experiences and educational access for students of all ages worldwide. Since launching its inaugural fund in 2009, the firm has backed startups that have achieved leadership positions in multiple high growth education markets. We aim to transform the way the world learns by helping entrepreneurs with a vision for better and smarter learning.