Springboard - Head of Growth, New Products
San Francisco, California
Portfolio Companies – Springboard
Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about fixing education and bridging the skills gap. We’ve helped thousands of students learn skills like data science and UX design, using a unique approach that involves 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts.
We’ve seen incredible revenue growth so far, driven by a talented and versatile yet small growth team. We’re now looking for a Head of Growth - New Products to launch multiple new products to create job-ready professionals in several fast-growing digital economy sectors (cybersecurity, AI, IoT, blockchain).
The ideal candidate is a user-focused, data-driven growth marketer who finds value in unexpected places. Someone with a deep reservoir of courage who knows when to zig when other people zag.
You’ll lead the launch of each product, spending 4-6 months to find Product-Market Fit (PMF) before handing it off to the core user acquisition team to scale. Using an agile approach, iterative feedback loops and dynamic A/B testing, you will build awareness and drive adoption with the early adopters, putting in place a scalable growth model.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you’ll be responsible for delivering — even exceeding — early revenue targets for new courses.
You’ll bring bold thinking to the organization, foster an environment of innovation and instill the discipline of agnostic experimentation.
- Growth strategy. You will have a significant voice in how the company’s revenue grows through innovation.
- User acquisition and revenue. You’ll own the end-to-end implementation of our new course launches (several per year) with millions of dollars in ARR.
- Growth experiments. You’ll define the playbook for Springboard’s new product user and revenue growth by prioritizing different build initiatives and experiments the team should run.
- Voice of the customer. You will contact early adopters, learn from them, draft personas and buying motivations, revise, and repeat.
- Producing effective creative. You will deeply research our user needs and come up with ad copy and creative specs that will get our next thousands of learners.
- Measurement, analytics and KPIs. You’ll define attribution logic and oversee analytics for different product and marketing funnels.
- Managing a significant marketing budget. You’ll be responsible for optimally allocating a sizeable budget across paid acquisition, ad channels and experiments.
- Bring 5+ years experience, specific to growth/customer acquisition.
- Are a fearless experimenter who has a proven track record of systematically delivering PMF and meaningful revenue growth.
- Are proactive, resourceful and entrepreneurial, with little need for supervision and not afraid of failure.
- Are a quick study and intrepid learner who can go from research to sharing knowledge rapidly.
- Have expertise with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Heap and chart.io as well as with A/B testing, multivariate testing, conversion rate optimization and more.
- Have experience with measurement and creation of multi-touch attribution models.
- Are familiar with CRMs and marketing automation systems such as Marketo and Hubspot.
- Have experience working with product teams on defining user flows and funnels.
- Are someone who often takes the road less traveled and discovers and exploits white spaces that others don’t.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Grown your own digital following.
- Developed your own attribution framework and defined some of your own KPIs in a key marketing role.
The Springboard team of 50 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics. Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact students’ lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.