Varsity Tutors - Senior Data Analyst
Seattle, WA or St. Louis, MO
Portfolio Companies – Varsity Tutors
Varsity Tutors is seeking an innovative Senior Data Analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and a self-starter, display strong ownership, and have a bias for data and action. The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for helping to scale key channels such as paid social marketing, affiliate, PPC, display, or other channels.
Varsity Tutors is a live learning platform that connects students and professionals with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. To date, students have accessed more than three million hours of live instruction on the platform. Experts are available to meet in person or through the company’s award-winning online and mobile platforms, which account for the majority of all sessions.
Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV. The funds will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Analyst
- Ability to summarize large fields of data and present and visualize this information in a compelling, digestible fashion.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Ability to effectively communicate data and information to senior management.
- Comfortable diving deep into very large fields of data
- Deep understanding of Excel and Google Sheets.
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Proactive, resourceful, and self-directed.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making, and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- Experience with Looker, Google Analytics, and NewRelic experience is a plus.
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Bonus points for strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- All candidates must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- Generate robust data reports at both high (summary) and low (verbose deep-dive) level. Clear presentation and communication of data and highlights is key.
- Strive to reduce friction through automation of reports, consolidation of data sources, and exploration of additional metrics and data points to track.
- Work with Engineering to identify, experiment with, prove out and scale acquisition channels
- Create strategies to engage those leads and convert them to customers.
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
- Collaborate with UX, marketing, engineering.
- Once acquisition channels are proven, work with engineering to optimize, scale, and automate.
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.