Head of Talent
San Francisco Bay Area
Learn Capital is a venture capital firm dedicated to education technology companies. We invest in and support early-stage ventures involved in the creation, delivery, management and scaling of learning experiences and educational access for students of all ages worldwide. Since launching its inaugural fund in 2009, the firm has backed startups that have achieved leadership positions in multiple high growth education markets. We aim to transform the way the world learns by helping entrepreneurs with a vision for better and smarter learning.
A portfolio company, in the online education space is looking to hire a Head of Talent. The ideal candidate has a strong drive to for overall team success, a proven track record of hiring and retaining top talent, a creative approach to problem-solving, and has a growth oriented mindset.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Possesses a great eye for talent with the ability to quickly screen resumes to fit roles; has a sound sourcing ability
- Collaborates closely with hiring managers throughout the hiring process, and develops custom recruiting strategies for multiple departments
- Self-driven. Can drive the process from end-to end with superior organizational skills and excellent follow-through
- Comfortable with ambiguity, rapidly changing environments, and building from scratch
- Creative, strategic, proactive, resourceful, flexible, and excited to help build a mission driven organization
- Solution-driven. Has an eye for identifying areas of improvement and is proactive about driving towards a solution
- Analytical and metric-oriented, always seeking internal and external data to validate the recruiting approach
- Is obsessive about the candidate experience. Can create and keep improving upon a hospitable recruiting journey that leaves a five star experience with candidates. Is respectful of the candidate and the stressful process a job search can be
- Own full-cycle recruiting for various teams, such as Marketing, Data, Engineering, and Product
- Deploy innovative and effective tactics in candidate sourcing including community partnerships, referrals, networks, social channels, events, and competitor analysis
- Maintain high quality standards for our hiring based on role-specific competencies, and help evolve the interview and assessment processes to meet them with every hire
- Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including reference checks, complex salary negotiations, and closing of candidates
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring managers and any relevant stakeholders and working cross-functionally with legal, compensation/benefits, immigration, etc
- Can build and strengthen working relationships with team members across the entire organization, regardless of active roles
- Conduct regular business partners' meetings to educate on recruiting best practices, market data, including execution of recruiting processes and tools
- Minimum 5-7 years of full-cycle recruiting experience at a consumer technology or consumer edtech company
- Strong understanding of the complete recruiting function, including: research, sourcing, networking, behaviour based interviewing and closing
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for various departments and seniority levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships - both internally and with candidates.
- Impeccable written, verbal, project management, and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to make the extra effort to achieve hyper-aggressive growth goals with a sense of urgency
- Start-up experience with a passion for recruiting in a fast-paced, multiple time zone environment
- Has built and maintained a broad network of professional relationships in english language learning / education consumer product startups.