Computer Science Instructor - Summer/Fall 2020 (Remote)
Juni Instructors /
Do you love working with kids and inspiring the next generation of engineers, designers, and builders? Instructors at Juni Learning work directly with students ages 8-18 by teaching weekly, online coding classes. All classes are taught remotely, using the curriculum and digital tools developed by Juni.
The starting rate for Juni Instructors is $20 per hour. We've designed the instructor role to be a flexible part-time position. Instructors can set their availability and generally work with their students at a regular time, once or twice a week. We expect a minimum commitment of teaching 6 hours per week and a commitment through Fall 2020 (teaching at least until the end of your Fall term). If you would like to start teaching now, please indicate in the question below.
- Instructors will use the curriculum and teaching tools developed by Juni Learning. Each course is 50 minutes long, taught online, and may be a private (1-1) or small group class (maximum 2 students).
- We look for instructors with a great attitude and desire to help kids build resilience and grit alongside their coding skills.
- Treat all students and parents with respect. Foster a safe community. Act in accordance to a high standard of ethics, and maintain family and student confidentiality and privacy.
- Take initiative to solve or anticipate problems early or refer to another Juni Learning employee.
- Flexibility to changing needs, and ability to collaborate with co-workers for any issues that may arise.
- Serve as an ambassador for Juni Learning and maintain high-quality teaching and professionalism.
- Promote our values and mission, and serve as a role model for kids of all backgrounds and ages.
- College-level coursework in computer science (at minimum completion of one CS course or equivalent). Instructors will be assigned different students and courses to teach based on their experience.
- Experience working with young students and track record in improving student outcomes.
- Passion for building interest in computer science in kids and teenagers (ages 8-18).
- Teaching a minimum of 6 hours per week and a commitment through Fall 2020 (teaching at least until the end of your Fall term).
- Ability to work well with students of different ages, some background in computer science.
- Strong communication skills, especially with families (both children and adults).
- Work authorization in the US.