Strategic Operations Associate
Remote, San Francisco /
Are you passionate about defining high-impact strategies, optimizing processes, and inspiring the next generation to love learning? Juni Learning is a massively distributed university for kids. We bring the best instructors, curriculum and platform to students around the world who want to prepare for the future. Juni is backed by Y Combinator and angel investors including Arielle Zuckerberg, and the company was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, and TechCrunch. Our team was founded by two Stanford alumni and ex-Googlers, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
The Juni Operations Team is focused on developing and executing an enterprise-wide strategy that proactively positions the company for growth. Juni works with hundreds of amazing students and instructors from across the nation, and this team works with the executive leadership team to understand supply and demand capacity needs, identify short & long-term growth opportunities, analyze decisions, solve problems, and communicate them across hundreds of instructors and thousands of students.
The team is hiring a Strategic Operations Associate to help us build and execute processes on both the supply and demand sides of Juni. We’re looking for a driven person who is excited about empowering students and instructors, thinking of creative solutions to support a best-in-class (pun intended) experience for our Juni community, and leading key initiatives to fruition. You will report directly to the supply and demand operations team leaders and collaborate on company-wide targets with the rest of the team.
This is a unique opportunity for top performers seeking a high-impact, high-visibility role with the opportunity to influence the future course of Juni, the thousands of students who love our courses, and the passionate instructors who enjoy inspiring others to learn.
- Evaluate strategic decisions and opportunities to optimize our operations, and then collaborate across teams to manage the projects that bring those ideas to fruition
- Plan, scope, and execute 3-5 key cross-functional projects/initiatives across the supply & demand teams to support a best-in-class experience for our students and instructors
- Prioritize key initiatives to drive an increase in our instructor base and student retention based on impact to revenue and our student/instructor experience
- Own tracking and reporting of metrics aligned to strategic operations goals
- Contribute to quarterly strategic planning efforts by scoping project opportunities and presenting to senior management
- Identify areas for improvement for process and products to drive quality and efficiency across the supply & demand teams
- Lead data-driven analysis and performance testing of operations processes; create ways to optimize and increase ROI
- Own meaningful components of our long-term scaling strategy to hire and equip hundreds of instructors monthly to teach
- Serve as a creative and innovative thought-leader for Juni
- Manage a team who loves boba tea and lifting each other up to be successful as a unified group!
- 3-5+ years of experience in strong business analyst/operations roles (preferably in management consulting or tech); experience in education or a marketplace company is a plus
- B.A. or B.S. ideally in Business/Economics or a related field
- Focused on hitting weekly and monthly targets with a demonstrated track record
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and forward-looking, creative thinker
- Experience in managing large cross functional projects from start to finish
- Self-driven to manage your own work and results with high standards
- Ability to effectively convey critical information and influence decision making processes at all levels of the organization – from senior executives to front-line employees
- Experience shifting priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Team player and collaborates with others constructively and positively
- Strong ethical and honest approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organized and detail-oriented
- Represents Juni professionally with parents, students, external organizations, and within the team
- Openness to change, and quick to adapt to new systems
- Based in San Francisco or open to relocation, work authorization in the US
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance