Director of Software Development
Atlanta, GA /
LeaseQuery is looking for a Director of Software Development to join our Engineering team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for delivering value to customers and improving people, processes and technology. We work in an agile environment with development teams utilizing scrum practices. We work mainly in Microsoft (C#) and Web (React) technologies hosted in AWS. The ideal candidate is someone well versed in software development practices, particularly in SaaS environments. In this role you will guide the growing development team, and SDLC processes throughout the organization to improve quality, speed-of-delivery, performance and security. You will lead building, defining and guiding our software developers and front-line managers as well as the careers and the culture needed to support them.
What you will be doing:
- Partnering with Engineering and Product leadership to build software for our customers, as well as the infrastructure, culture, tools, processes, skills and talent to do so in a sustainable, repeatable way..
- Leading a software development team of over 30 developers across 9 scrum teams and the associated Community of Practice
- Developing and upskilling team members, front-line managers, and emerging leaders to meet the organization’s changing needs
- Developing and building a software development culture, vision and team
- Guiding investment in team architecture and “tech backlog”
- Maintain and expand existing test coverage, test automation and other quality systems in alignment with the Director of Quality.
- Partnering with Dir of Infrastructure to drive a DevOps mentality across engineering that improves ability to support production as well as improves the performance, delivery, and sustainability
- Own development end-to-end and create data-driven systems and metrics to focus improvements
- Research new technology to fill future and current needs
- Owns the strategy for the technical roadmap. Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the LQ applications.
- Partnering with HR to set software development role expectations, interview best practices and hiring guidelines.
Tech you will manage:
- Languages: C#, BASH, NodeJS, Python, Powershell
- Build and deployment tools:, Jenkins
- OS: Windows server core, CentOS Linux
- Platforms: AWS EC2, ElastiCache, RDS
- Web Servers: IIS
- Protocols: WCF, REST
- Database: SQL,, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Testing tools: Zephyr, Selenium grid, Confluence/JIRA
- Infrastructure: Cloud Formation, Terraform, Systems Manager
- Config Management: Chef, Ansible, DSC
What experience and skills we need you to have:
- 5+ years leading teams with a track record of success
- 5+ years of experience working with public or private cloud technologies, IaaS and PaaS solution
- 5+ years of experience managing and owning software development teams, including managing managers
- Strong quality experience building, deploying, validating and scaling applications in a distributed computing environment (4+ years’ experience)
- 2+ years experience in auditing compliance or other highly regulated areas of the business
- An attitude of success defined in team accomplishments
- Flexible PTO (including 11 holidays and your birthday off)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Great health benefits with multiple plan option
- Option to choose between in office, fully remote, or a hybrid work environment for all employees
- Casual dress environment (when in office)
- Catered lunches every Tuesday and Thursday
- Company events each quarter
- Signing stipend for a work-from-home setup
- Free gym membership at our office
- Annual employee development program stipend of $2,000 for each employee
- Flexible parental leave with 10 weeks paid leave for ALL new parents
- Fertility/adoption assistance
- Annual tutoring stipend for your children
- Mentorship program available immediately
- Regular team outings
- Advancement opportunities based on results, not politics
- Culture that emphasizes inclusiveness driven by our REDI Committee
LeaseQuery simplifies complex accounting with our innovative FinTech SaaS technology. Our products, used by more than 2000+ organizations in 87 countries, are top rated for user satisfaction and ease of use by G2, and our company has appeared on the Deloitte Technology’s Fast 500 list and Georgia’s Fast 40 list among many other recent accolades over the past several years.
During the past decade, our CEO, George Azih, grew LeaseQuery from a one-person company to a workforce of 280+ representing one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies today. As we move into our next phase of growth, we're looking for passionate and dedicated people who want to invest their energy to align with our company's long-term goals.
LeaseQuery is an equal opportunity employer to all persons, free from restrictions and prejudice based upon race, color, creed, religion, sex, domestic relationship status, parental status, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status. LeaseQuery maintains a drug-free workplace.